Homemade Peppermint Slice
Keywords: snack, toddler, baking with kids, kids party food, chocolate, dessert, sweet treats
This peppermint slice is perfect for kids party food, gifts for teachers or neighbours, or a cheeky little treat at home. Special thanks to Huggies mum Abbie for this recipe.
- 3 crushed weetbix
- 125g melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 50g copha melted
- 2-3 cups sifted icing sugar (depending on how thick you want the mint section)
- milk (you can estimate this to make a nice creamy consistency)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 40g melted copha
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- sifted icing sugar (estimate based on consistency but around 2-3 cups)
- milk (again estimate this)
- To make the base, mix all dry ingredients first, and then add melted butter and stir well so that the mixture is moist.
- In a greased slice pan, press slice down and bake in a 180deg oven for 15-20 minutes. Take out and put in freezer to cool.
- To make the peppermint filling, melt the copha and add the icing sugar, milk, peppermint essence and colouring. Mix well. It should be relatively creamy to be able to spread onto the base. Once spread evenly, pop back into the freezer to set (this helps with each layer).
- For the chocolate topping, mix together all ingredients and then spread on top of the slice. Put back in the freezer to set before slicing.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...