Chocolate and oreo cookies cake
Keywords: baking with kids, kids party food, chocolate
Oreo and chocolate fans alike will love this recipe. Get the kids to help out with the mixing and crushing the oreos!
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 pack or oreos
- 115g butter, softened
- 260g creamy peanut butter
- 45ml milk, or as needed
- 250g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, then process oreos to make crumbs.
- Sift flour and cocoa, add a bit at a time to butter mix. Mix in oreo crumbs, then use water to loosen mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 mins, or until skewer comes clean in centre.
- Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...