Fathers Day pen holder
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun
Make a pen holder for Dad’s desk.
You can never find a pen when you need one! A personalised pen pot is a perfect gift for any Dad. He can keep it by the phone at home or on his desk at work.
Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- Scissors, craft glue, paints and brushes.
- A clean tin, preferably one that has been opened with a ring pull lid, such as baked beans or tomatoes.
- Photos to cut out and paste or small drawings created by your baby.
- Felt for the bottom of the tin.
Putting it all together:
- Ensure that the opening of the tin is safe before starting.
- Have you child paint the tin inside and outside in the colour of their choice.
- While the paint is drying, help your child cut out your photos or drawings so they are ready to stick onto the tin.
- Once the tin is dry, arrange the photos around the tin and glue these on. As an alternative you could place hand prints from your baby around the tin.
- When the tin is dry you can paint the varnish over the entire tin. This step is optional.
- After the varnish is dry, glue the felt (cut into a circle) onto the base of the tin.
Fill this with some pencils or pens for Dad and deliver with a kiss on Fathers day.