Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Help Anyone else have Insomnia or Sleep Issues???

Help Anyone else have Insomnia or Sleep Issues??? Lock Rss

Hi,
I was diagnosed with PND 2 weeks ago...my 3rd child was born 6 weeks ago and I am having a real hard time.
She's a great baby, and sleep well. The past 2 weeks I have been on Zoloft for the OND and have been taking Oxazepam to help me sleep.
The Oxazepam helps to get me to sleep and I get a few good hours in some nights before I constantly wake, and sometimes I lie awake for hours. When I do return to sleep it's only Light REM sleep and not the deep sleep that I need. So by lunchtime I'm a mess and I try to have a sleep when the kids nap but just can't seem to sleep.

Anyone have the same issues, or know what I can do??
Thanks Mel.

Mel, SA, Jayden 10/02, Harley 08/04, Zoe 09/06

Sorry your having such a hard time Mel. Have tried doing some things to relax you before you go to sleep. Reading, a warm bath, burning oils? Just an idea. Good luck smile .

I Mel,
I am having a REALLY hard time sleeping atm to.
Over the last cupple of months my lack of sleep has become worse and worse.
I am currently trying some tablets that you can get from any chemist they are called Restivte (I think that is how you spell it).
They are good for us mums because they wont put you in a deep deep sleep but they help just enough to get your body back into its normal sleeping rutine.
They take a few days to kick in but they have worked for me before so Im hoping they work again.
Can I also sugest to try taking (this is if your not already) some type of multi vitimin as they will help pick your body up as well.
I hope I have helped in some way for you.
Please let us know how things go.

Angela, Tassie, DD 30/06/2004 DS 18/03/2006

Sign in to follow this topic