Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Quitting my job or not? Dilemma!

Quitting my job or not? Dilemma! Rss

Hi ladies! I am in need of some advice and I am a little stuck in a situation. Since my second daughter was almost 6 months, I went back to work part-time 3 days per week. I don't need to work and we are very lucky because of that, but that was my choice and my husband supported me fully - plus I am a much better parent if I can get some 'me' and personal development time. Now... went back to work in August last year in a bank as a change of career after being in sales management. It has been a few months now that I hate my job, I am miserable and dread it so much. It's just not the career for me. I was going to put my resignation in as I'd rather spend time with my little ones than wasting time where I am not happy but as I mentioned that to my mother in law, she discouraged me completely. She said that in her 20 years at her employers', there have been times where she was unhappy with her boss but she did stick around and that's what I should do. I was trying to explain to her that it's not just about my boss, but the job itself mainly - I am not a good fit for it. I kinda feel like a quitter now and that I am going to be looked at as one that doesn't stick around in jobs. As my husband will become self employed at the end of the year, I guess she is worried that I won't be able to find another job within the next 7 months as a back up but my husband will have some good funds to start with and it never took me so long to find a job before, ever. Hubby has truly encouraged me to quit as he doesn't want to see me upset bacuase of that. Would I look like a quitter for resigning now? I just can't do it anymore. Thanks for advice!!
Quit immediately! You will be able to find something else. Honestly I wouldn't stay in a job that made you miserable. If you were desperate for the money that's another story but you're not so get the heck outta there! smile

My dad is old school like your MIL and has spent years in miserable jobs too scared to change. You took a chance on a different career path but it wasn't right so no point hanging around.

Good luck!

Stick with your gut instinct. If it's not for you then it's not for you. Nobody wants to dread going to work and an employer would probably prefer someone who's thriving. Remember, you went back to work for you time and personal/ professional development, and this isn't achieving it for you. Find something else. X

You need to be happy at work, otherwise it will start affecting your health, home life etc.
I was in a high stress work environment and got to a point where I was constantly sick.
Stress is a lot more powerful than we give it credit for. Find your passion, find what you love, and you'll never "work" a day in your life.
Good luck!
Sign in to follow this topic