Huggies Forum

Who gets what Rss

Hi all,

Another question I'm needing some help with. When my ex and I split we agreed that I'd move back to my home town to be with my family which we both decided was better for the kids as I have young ish parents young brothers sister and cousins etc. as it's a small town there is a shocking public transport system so the ex said when he visited at the end of the year he would drive the car and fly back so I had the car for the kids. Well it's been 2 years and I'm still waiting for the car. He lives in Sydney so public transport is fantastic! My son is missing out on sport parties etc because I can't get him there which the ex doesn't understand. I can't get a loan due to not working and a mistake I made when I was young with credit card. I'm wanting to know basically am I in my right to ask for it with a lawyer? The car loan was in his name but it's paid out now. Has anyone been through similar? Sorry it's long and prob doesn't make sense.

1st baby due start of sep

If the car is in his name and you had no written agreement I don't think you have any chance of getting it at all. It's been 2 years, if he was going to give it to you he would of a long time ago. I personally wouldn't bother with a lawyer because if it is all in his name and you didn't pay for it I don't think you have a chance of getting it. Might be time to start saving for a car of your own.
It was verbal I think however if I go back enough I have txt messages from him saying about giving me the car. When we originally got it it was borrowed against the home in joint names. When we sold the house the car loan was refinanced in his name. It was reg in his name but was insured in my name as I was the main driver. It just sucks because I can't get a loan and saving for a semi decent car will take over a year as I need one reliable enough to drive me to the city which is 4 hours away.

1st baby due start of sep

Sign in to follow this topic