Huggies Forum

The school bonus? Rss

Hi just seeing if any one has got the kids school bonus?
I am really hoping to get it this week.
I am disappointed cause my DS starts prep this year he will only get
the money in July. My DD get's it in January & July.

Thanks for reading.

I don't qualify but alot of ppl on my Facebook who do got theirs last week in their payments

Thanks we do get payed this week.
The cost of school is not cheap.
$260 that's only book's.

I thought everyone got this payment, but i don't qualify, we don't even get the baby bonus...
But the payment you should have by end of Jan, just go on to their site and check it out.
Why would you not get the payment for you son? My son starts prep this year and I get his payment next week with DDs, you get a half payment for each child now and the other half for each child in July. Mine is going in this week with my family tax payments.
Mine is showing as being paid mon morning with my family payment.
ajna wrote:
Thanks we do get payed this week.
The cost of school is not cheap.
$260 that's only book's.

Yeah, I hear ya!

I've already spent over $1000 on DS and that's just his uniform and school shoes. I still have to buy him bag, lunch box etc., sports shoes (his are dark and they have to be predominantly white), hat as they were out of stock, library bag, was out of stock too and a few more....

Really I don't mind spending the money on my kids but the new way that the School Kids Bonus is payed really bothers me!

I prefer the old system where you got reimbursed 50% up to a certain amount. We end up getting the same amount back but you had to spend the money on your kids school expences to get reimbursed.

Atleast then the government knows that he parents are spending money on the kids like they're meant to.

I was in Target the other day and there were two ladies who were talking about swaping sizes in the three pack sports polo shirts so that they only had to buy one pack for all of her three kids and other dodgys. One lady then mentions that her son's shoes are getting a little bit tight but he will just have to put up with them until they get their next payment mid year. Isn't this what this money is for!!! Or to prevent!

They were then talking about how sloshed she was the other night at the club and how many shots she had!!! Then spoke about how they could do it all again this weekend now that their payments had come through and she had to spend less than $50 bucks (on her kids) and had the rest to party! (her words)

At first I thought that they may be joking as I couldn't see them, I could only hear them in the next aisle, but we had to go past them to get out and they were pretty rough looking. In describing the kids,(there were 5 or 6 there, didn't want to look too much) all I can say is,"Poor things!"

Why can't the government even just reimburse them 100% up to the amount! Atleast that way the parents have to spend the money on their kids to get it back. I get that I would cost the gov. money to do it this way but I don't care, drop the payments a little bit to cover the costs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very greatful to receive this money and I understand that some parents may have got themselves into a situation where they need to spend some of the money on other everyday expences as a one off, but people like these women and many others are not going to and i'm sure never will spend the money on their kids schooling. So it totally defeats the purpose!

I also think that all kids should get this bonus. Even if they have to halve the amount so that the government can afford to pay it for all children, it's only fair!

Oh and I wasn't being that nosey either! They were talking quite loudly that we had no choice but to hear it. They were obviously not ashamed of what they were doing!

boofarama wrote:
I also think that all kids should get this bonus. Even if they have to halve the amount so that the government can afford to pay it for all children, it's only fair!

From what I understand, the only ones that don't get it are those that earn over the cut off. If that's the case then why should they get a subsidy for school costs they can afford to pay themselves?
~Ruby~Gloom~ wrote:
boofarama wrote:
From what I understand, the only ones that don't get it are those that earn over the cut off. If that's the case then why should they get a subsidy for school costs they can afford to pay themselves?

Yeah, it is.

It's just they way that I feel and I know that many people don't agree with me.

Thanks everyone for your reply.

I will have to wait & see if my DS get his money as he starting prep.
I did ring them up. They did say no.
So that why I started this post. I know we will get another bonus
in July DS will get that one.

As far as i know any any child that starts prep this year gets the bonus, one part in jan and the other july.
My daughter is in prep this year and i am getting the 2 part payments for her.

For Jan, you get the payment when your family tax payment goes in between the 9th and 23rd i think it was.
My son is 4 and starts prep 30th this month and turns 5 feb 18th. Does that mean I get the bonus? Or do I wait till July and get the $400 then? ? So confused. Thanks in advance
Sign in to follow this topic