Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Not wanting to sleep at 'bed time'

Not wanting to sleep at 'bed time' Lock Rss

hi. my 11 yr old boy is not wanting to bed at 8:30pm. This other children go to bed early. What can i do to help him go to sleep/bed

D??

DD Zara

DS4 Louie

DS3 Tony

DS2 Sam

DS1 Kane

i dont think that 830 is unreasonable for an 11 y.o. My almost 14 year old HAS to be in bed by 830. If he isnt quite 'ready', maybe allow him to read in bed for 1/2 hr, then it's lights out?

i do agree with hippomum about the stimulation tho - computers & gadgets OFF for wind down time
My kids are allowed to watch a movie in my bed straight after tea (tea is on the table no later then 6pm and the movie is usualy 1.5 hrs longm so it ends about 8pm allowing half an hour for them to eat and pick a dvd) then after the movie its bath, teeth and bed with a book. I find giving the bath as the last thing helps them settle down enought to go to sleep almost immediately (there is no set bedtime just the same routine but they are always in bed by 8.30)

Thanks everyone! I am going to try 9pm tonight! We have tried a routine with the kids:
Dinner about 5:30-6pm
Baths/showers about 6:30pm
All TVs/computer/iPads/iPhones/iPods/etc. off about 7pm
Baby/3yr old in bed with book 7-7:30
5yr old/9yr old in bed with book 8-8:30
11yr old in bed by 9 reading
Mum and bed in bed reading 9:30pm -10:30

Good??

D??

DD Zara

DS4 Louie

DS3 Tony

DS2 Sam

DS1 Kane

Mum of 5 EmmaLou wrote:
Thanks everyone! I am going to try 9pm tonight! We have tried a routine with the kids:Dinner about 5:30-6pmBaths/showers about 6:30pmAll TVs/computer/iPads/iPhones/iPods/etc. off about 7pmBaby/3yr old in bed with book 7-7:305yr old/9yr old in bed with book 8-8:3011yr old in bed by 9 readingMum and bed in bed reading 9:30pm -10:30Good??
bump

D??

DD Zara

DS4 Louie

DS3 Tony

DS2 Sam

DS1 Kane

Sign in to follow this topic