Huggies Forum

2 random questions Lock Rss

Do you have a weapon at your home? I know this is a weird question and I hope its not crossing the huggies line, but as a single mum I sometimes feel like I should grab the weeder thingy and keep it under my bed. I wonder if having it there or something else more appropriate would just give me a little reassurance when I hear noises and have little freak outs.

And completely miles away from that topic, does your family have supper? As in an extra feed before bed? I find because we eat dinner early my kids always seem to want something more closer to bed time.

Hope everyone is well smile
Hmm no, no weapons in our house...I used to have a wooden baseball bat as a kid that I used to imagine using if a kidnapper came into the house.

Supper...nup, DH usually comes home at 8 on day work so we usually have late dinner anyway.

what on earth is a weeder thingy? All I can think is a whipper snipper and that seems awfully big to keep under your bed. lol

I might be slightly paranoid, but I don't think people should necessarily put stuff like this on an open forum. You don't know who is reading and why or who they know. You don't really want a stalker knowing that yes you have weapon x or no you don't have one at all. Security stuff needs to be kept kinda private. Just sayin.....
Since we moved into town i've actually alway's kept a baseball bat under my bed, nothing has ever happened to warrent it but it just makes me feel comfortable knowing it's there.
As for supper well im constantly eating anyway!!!!!!!
OC1246 wrote:
what on earth is a weeder thingy? All I can think is a whipper snipper and that seems awfully big to keep under your bed. lol

I might be slightly paranoid, but I don't think people should necessarily put stuff like this on an open forum. You don't know who is reading and why or who they know. You don't really want a stalker knowing that yes you have weapon x or no you don't have one at all. Security stuff needs to be kept kinda private. Just sayin.....

Yeah I know what you're saying, that's why I was wondering about the 'line' and it seemed like one of 'those' questions but I was curious so had to ask lol

Um the weeder thingy, definitely not a wipper snipper haha but it is like a handheld thingy with two metal prongy things to dig out the weeds. its pretty heavy and I think it could do some serious damage for a garden tool.
This topics as good as any other....
I have a dog but nothing elce no can understand were your coming from I'm a confident person and come night time I'm checking the doors the windows and freak over noises.

Who cares if people know you have a weapon or not they would have to know where you live first.
No to supper.

Yes a weed fork sounds very much like the right thing.

Wish I had a Wing Chun instructor to keep me safe at night haha

Yeah I guess its more of an english thing, I either need to get the kids off to bed earlier or try and squeeze more food into them at dinner which is impossible. It's tricky because I don't want them to hold off on their dinner knowing something better comes along later.
My husband does night shift and we have some feral people across the street that make me feel unsafe at times so there is a wooden baseball bat here for use if I need it.

As for supper, no we don't eat it but if I was hungry I would or when I had GD I had to generally eat something later on after tea so did so then.

Agree with OC.

And just remember people: whatever you bring into a fight can be used against you.

Squidlet wrote:
Agree with OC.

And just remember people: whatever you bring into a fight can be used against you.

It is not with the intention of being used. It is for peace of mind. God forbid there is ever a need to use one
Risi wrote:
Squidlet wrote:
Agree with OC.

It is not with the intention of being used. It is for peace of mind. God forbid there is ever a need to use one

That's beside the point. The thought is there. I think having a phone handy is the best possible thing you can do & leave the rest to the experts.

I've got 2 dogs. If its just me at home they get to climb onto the bed for my peace of mind. If I scare myself too much the wooden baseball bat gets brought in.

Yes we have supper. Just about to have a (very) late supper of raison toast and a cup of tea now.
Sign in to follow this topic