Huggies Forum

Fathers day Rss

Hi girls, I know it's a while away but trying to get ideas for fathers day! What are you buying for fathers for your DP/DF/DH?

Are you getting the kids to make anything? I've got a few ideas but was wondering if there was something better out there wink

Nothing this year! He's getting the stuff they do at kinder, and nothing from me. We are separated this year, but like all of you, he ignored my birthday, Christmas, mothers day, etc... for years, so he can suffer in his jocks this year! Bwahahahahah. His birthdays in a couple weeks to.
I'll just get the kids to make him something special and maybe think up something to get (he's so hard to buy for!) He was away working on mothers day but made up for it when he got home by having a redo of mothers day lol smile he likes making model planes and stuff so maybe I'll look out for a cabinet or something...
My first thought is that he's getting nada, nothing, zero, zip, zilch and my personal favourite...jack shit. But i know i'm all talk and will get him something thoughtful and wonderful and then live in hope that he will reciprocate said thoughtfulness only to be bitterly disappointed because apparently what goes around doesn't actually come around and unless it involves buying something for his car then he just seems to run out of time regardless of the fact that there's a whole year since the last mothers day/birthday/xmas!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

technically he won't be a father on fathers day.. sort of a '4 weeks off from being a father day' but I plan on spoiling him, after all he did re-name mothers day to 'mothers to be day' for me grin. Though men are so damn hard to shop for.
Naaaaaaaaaaw, I want to take everyone out for a fabulous morning/arvo tea or something. Then get you kids to make beautiful handmade cards expressing gratitude and love for being beautiful mums! In lieu of your husbands thoughtlessness.
Only things he will get are what the kids make at childcare, we are not together anymore.
Oh girls!!! There are going to be a lot of dissapointed men out there on fathers day but serves them right by the sounds of it lol agree with SLC, That sounds like a great idea grin

Thanks for the input anyway wink

Nai&Beau wrote:
Dp is getting nothing!!! He made my mothers day so crappy this year I vowed to not bother with fathers day. What were you thinking of making from your kids to your dh?

Hi Nai! I hope your man puts effort in next year!!

I was thinking a card and maybe a mould of their hands or feet made out of salt dough- its great smile or printing a book about him and his babies from snapfish or something and maybe a painted poster on the wall saying happy fathers day...Im not sure, I'll have to keep googling lol

Thanks for asking grin

Nai&Beau wrote:
Dp is getting nothing!!! He made my mothers day so crappy this year I vowed to not bother with fathers day. What were you thinking of making from your kids to your dh?

Hi Nai! I hope your man puts effort in next year!!

I was thinking a card and maybe a mould of their hands or feet made out of salt dough- its great smile or printing a book about him and his babies from snapfish or something and maybe a painted poster on the wall saying happy fathers day...Im not sure, I'll have to keep googling lol

Thanks for asking grin

Oh you poor girls - makes me glad my DH does do mothers day.

I don't know what I'll do for DH yet, will get DS to do a painting/picture. He wants a bbq but that might have to be Christmas as well!

smile Great ideas Tallulah Belle - might have to steal one of them lol smile

Sign in to follow this topic