Huggies Forum

Huggies New Forum Feedback Rss

We have recently launched our new forum and whilst we are ironing out a few technical issues still we think it's looking pretty good. However we'd love to hear from you so please let us know what you think is working or not. Please keep your feedback constructive too as we are working hard to bring you a great forum but due to time and budget restraints can't always accomodate all your requests.

If you have anything you would like answered as a matter of urgency please drop us a line at moderators@huggies.com.au

Thanks!
Huggies Moderators
Thank you for listening and trying to be pro-active!!
Here's some of the ones that stand out for me right now:

Moving of report button- been asked for a million times
+1 or like button
Make the active tab more user friendly, more threads per page for example
Make a "report user" button, don't see why this was a problem in the last forum, have options for the user to click so it is more filtered down for you guys (Mods) eg. spam, abuse, inappropriate conduct etc.
Can't think of any more, except do something about the bloody spammers, over it big time!

Spam sux, delete them!! Over a 700 post count!!

Hey Isaiah mum (sorry quote button not working lol) regarding the sizing of photos for your sig; when you upload to tinypic you can resize it there. It's set to default but you can choose from avatar pic size right up to full screen. Hope that helps!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

T: I haven't bothered with an account for tinypic so i'm not sure if it would revert back to it's normal size, i just upload and cut n paste as i need to.

Oh and my glow in the dark belly was from last month, i think i was 27 or 28 weeks. It's definitely grown since then! lol. Hmm note to self: take new pic to upload to huggies tomorrow!!!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

MODS,
read this thread for once
https://www.huggies.com.au/forum/6-general-baby-...

thanks

Thank you for starting this thread for us.
I agree that the new forum looks good, it's just the finer points which need tweaking.
As I have mentioned before, these are some things I would like to see:

1. A way to tell which posts we have replied to, and which posts we have already read, like we used to have in the old forum.
2. Automatic scrolling to where we have last read up to in a topic.
3. No more spam please!

I also agree that the "report" button should be moved away from the "quote" button, or maybe just be in a different colour (red?) so that we notice the difference.
Also the way quotes are done should be less confusing, only quoting what the person said in the post immediately before, rather than quoting what six people before them said too. It's really confusing! I realise it is possible to delete the part of the message you don't want to quote, but we never had to do this before and some members who are not as "tech savvy" delete part of the code, which makes it even more confusing.

Please do something about this spam, everyone is truly over it. Not only is it frustrating to see pages and pages of it as well as getting requests to follow them, what annoys me is I always have to do AVG scans and Malware scans to clean all this crap out of my computer.

As others have mentioned, it's not good enough that you can only report the post, how do we report the member?

I hate seeing all my friends leaving Huggies, although I can understand why.

This forum is supposed to be an outlet for us Mums with kids so we can get advice from each other and have a chat, not be bombarding with spammers selling us fake goods.

I really hope something about this is done soon or I may leave as well. I don't have time for this crap with 2 young children. sad

mel-O wrote:
Thank you for starting this thread for us.
I agree that the new forum looks good, it's just the finer points which need tweaking.
As I have mentioned before, these are some things I would like to see:

1. A way to tell which posts we have replied to, and which posts we have already read, like we used to have in the old forum.
2. Automatic scrolling to where we have last read up to in a topic.
3. No more spam please!

I also agree that the "report" button should be moved away from the "quote" button, or maybe just be in a different colour (red?) so that we notice the difference.
Also the way quotes are done should be less confusing, only quoting what the person said in the post immediately before, rather than quoting what six people before them said too. It's really confusing! I realise it is possible to delete the part of the message you don't want to quote, but we never had to do this before and some members who are not as "tech savvy" delete part of the code, which makes it even more confusing.

Agree with everything mel-O has mentioned here. This is a perfect example of when a 'like' or '+' feature is very useful, which is the only thing I'd add
Firstly, thank you to the mods for starting this thread. HOPEFULLY it will work well.

I think us forum members need to be realistic in our requests. Keep them to the immediately needed for now and try to request the other things once the main things have been addressed. Also; we need to keep this thread short and to the point. Don't go off tangent, keep your post short and to the point and hopefully the mods will have enough time to actually read and respond rather than have to sift through to what is actually relevant.

The number one priority for ALL members at the moment is the spam. We need to see Spammers membership revoked and their posts deleted.

As I see it the major issues that the majority of members are finding frustrating are:
- Report button being to close to Quote button resulting in accidental reporting
- Members require a +1 or 'like' button
- Making sure the quote and smiley buttons function 100% of the time
- Having the PM function in a conversation style so that your reponses are in the one folder
- The ability to report a member rather than just the members one post.

If the spam and above five minor things could be addressed ASAP Huggies would have it's welcoming, warm, friendly feel back. Members would be more content over all.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

LoveHeart wrote:
MODS,
read this thread for once
https://www.huggies.com.au/forum/6-general-baby-...

thanks

Hiya,

Just letting you know that we replied to your email this morning, and our tech team have kindly left their feedback in your thread. Hope that helps smile
We've summarised your feedback below ... thanks for contributing. The spam issue seems to be the major concern, and this is currently being addressed. We'll keep an eye on this thread for other comments that are added as well smile

* Addressing the SPAM issue (which is already underway)
* Moving the REPORT button, or changing its colour to help prevent it accidentally being selected
* Reinstate the 1+ button, or similar
* ACTIVE tab to display more threads per page
* Upgrade the REPORT feature, so that members as well as threads can be REPORTED. Or include a comments area, where members can detail their concerns when using the REPORT feature.
* EMOTICONS shortcuts not working for all members
* THREADS to change colour once they have been read
* Tweak the QUOTE button, so that only the member's post that you are replying to, is quoted (rather than any previous quotes they have used).
* Have PRIVATE MESSAGES stack, so that conversations with your friends can be followed more easily
* Automatic SCROLLING to where you have last read up to in a topic
* Reinstate the FORMATTING shortcuts
* Have a list of members who are currently ON LINE
* Include number of VIEWS per thread
* Identify posts that have been PINNED etc
* Posts to include TIME & DATE rather than 'x hours/days ago'

Sign in to follow this topic