Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. where's my thread from last night about the insensitive spam in threads mods???

where's my thread from last night about the insensitive spam in threads mods??? Rss

I notice that the 'spam' is still in the threads - not deleted & unbelievably inappropriate, yet my thread calling them on it has been deleted.. there is something really incredibly wrong with the huggies site at the moment... mods, you may want to take a bit of a look at the way you police this site.

very disappointing - i may have to take a break too - what a shame.
Chiliwoman wrote:
I notice that the 'spam' is still in the threads - not deleted & unbelievably inappropriate, yet my thread calling them on it has been deleted.. there is something really incredibly wrong with the huggies site at the moment... mods, you may want to take a bit of a look at the way you police this site.

very disappointing - i may have to take a break too - what a shame.

This is exactly what I've been thinking chilli.
Apparently its ok to throw personal insults at people but offer an explanation and your post gets edited.
Oh and its ok to have spam but not ok to complain about it.
In the old forum if you titled a thread "mods" you got a reply from the mods. It felt like we had a good relationship where we could communicate openly. These days its seeming more and more like the mods pop in do some censorship and leave.

I mean how many threads have been started asking about the spam, thread deletions etc and how many replies have we got??

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

This is what I sent the moderators yesterday; hopefully something gets done!!

Dear moderators,

The new forum is a month old now, and while some of our immediate concerns were addressed, it seems as if nothing is being done anymore and that the members are no longer being heard at all. This is evidenced in the number of members who have left the forum due to their concerns not being met.

Here are some things we as forum members would like to see:
1. No more spam. While I realize it is a bit idealistic to expect no spam at all, there has been a huge increase in the amount of spam we have had since the new forum came into existence. Priority was given to deleting posts complaining about the amount of spam while the spam itself was left there all weekend long.
2. A key to show which posts we have replied to, and which posts have new replies. This is one of the features which worked perfectly well on the old forum, so there is no reason why it shouldn’t be able to function in the same way on the new forum.
3. Automatically scrolling to the last post we had read when clicking on a post we have already opened previously. This is another of the features which worked perfectly well on the old forum, so there is no reason why it shouldn’t be able to function in the same way on the new forum. It is very frustrating having to read and reread posts constantly.
4. Over-policing of posts should stop. Some topics which have been discussed lately have been deleted when no rules had been breached. Yes, the discussions may have been lively, but when there is no name-calling or bullying it is sad to see so many topics closed or deleted when forum members had abided by the rules and expressed their opinions freely, with no sign or the topic getting out of hand. I do agree that some topics need to be deleted when people go too far, which has happened recently. Perhaps those topics could be deleted and the forum members in question be contacted by moderators.

Please could some of these concerns be addressed quickly, as I am beginning to fear that more members will leave and there will no longer be a Huggies forum.

Well done.
I've been thinking of doing the same but I seem to have a black mark against my name lately. :$

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Nice email Mel-O.
I am soo tired of coming on Huggies and seeing Spam, and seeing posts about members leaving.
I really wish you'd kept the old forum the way it was, There were a few problems but nothing compared to NOW!!! Over it and don't frequent as often or reply that much anymore sad

mel-O wrote:

Dear moderators,

The new forum is a month old now, and while some of our immediate concerns were addressed, it seems as if nothing is being done anymore and that the members are no longer being heard at all. This is evidenced in the number of members who have left the forum due to their concerns not being met.

1. No more spam. While I realize it is a bit idealistic to expect no spam at all, there has been a huge increase in the amount of spam we have had since the new forum came into existence. Priority was given to deleting posts complaining about the amount of spam while the spam itself was left there all weekend long.
2. A key to show which posts we have replied to, and which posts have new replies. This is one of the features which worked perfectly well on the old forum, so there is no reason why it shouldn’t be able to function in the same way on the new forum.
3. Automatically scrolling to the last post we had read when clicking on a post we have already opened previously. This is another of the features which worked perfectly well on the old forum, so there is no reason why it shouldn’t be able to function in the same way on the new forum. It is very frustrating having to read and reread posts constantly.
4. Over-policing of posts should stop. Some topics which have been discussed lately have been deleted when no rules had been breached. Yes, the discussions may have been lively, but when there is no name-calling or bullying it is sad to see so many topics closed or deleted when forum members had abided by the rules and expressed their opinions freely, with no sign or the topic getting out of hand. I do agree that some topics need to be deleted when people go too far, which has happened recently. Perhaps those topics could be deleted and the forum members in question be contacted by moderators.

Please could some of these concerns be addressed quickly, as I am beginning to fear that more members will leave and there will no longer be a Huggies forum.

Great email Mel-O.
Did they reply back to you?

maybe instead of deleting whole topics they could just delete the questionable post- then leave a reason

dear ladies,
Firstly, please note that the IT team has been addressing the high spam issues and that it should be in better control now. smile Even Spam technology changes very very quickly all the time, and the team is not always quick enough to combat them - like Google/Gmail does!

Secondly, please accept our apologies if the forum moderation has recently looked more policed and strictly regimented than before. This is not our intention as it is merely due to the limited human response of two "full time" moderators to manage a forum community producing an average 400 posts over a 24-hour day.

The key intention of any 'disappearance' of complaint posts is more to manage the overall emotion/mood in the community. If there were too many of the same threads talking about the same matter, it can cause an unnecessary general sense of alarm and panic with ripple effect. When in actual fact the issue at hand is not major/critical.

There are some threads on the matter that already discusses the issue at hand, and in order to ensure everyone sees the moderator's communication on the issue - there should only be one addressing this. Otherwise, how would two moderators respond to the same issue in 10 different forums?
e.g. https://www.huggies.com.au/forum/6-general-baby-...

So if you feel that you have not breached any restrictions, yet your post/thread has been deleted, please be aware that it is not a personal attack or black mark on your membership - and the breach was a minor one. Please feel free to refer to the Forum terms page here https://www.huggies.com.au/terms-forum

Huggies wants your community experience to be a pleasant one overall - and we can only do our best for you in due time and resources. While technology is such a big part of this online community, we hope that you can bear with us in the time it does take to adopt to change.

As always, you are free to email the moderators personally moderators@huggies.com.au and the team will endeavour to help you in the capacity that we can.
also, to answer mel-O's email #2 and #3 points below - unfortunately the implementation of those two features are not as easy/instant as imagined. blink

think about it this way, this new Huggies Forum is proprietary software. previously, Huggies used licensed 3rd party forum software that almost all other websites do (you can see the "fine print" at the bottom somewhere crediting the company usually). those "off the shelf" forums have all the features ready made and can be switched on/off.

Huggies has now technically built its own forum - just for you. So that we can customise your experience in the community and make it more integrated with the rest of the website. We highlighted this when we welcomed everyone to the new forum smile smile smile https://www.huggies.com.au/forum/6-general-baby-...

happy we really appreciate your patience for the team when addressing some of your concerns. change is hard, but at the end of the day - we have seen members come back or stay for the sense community, not because of the tools used to stay in touch. smile

whatever it is, we're listening. even if we seem 'slow' at it sometimes. tongue

mel-O wrote:

Dear moderators,

Bumping due to...you guessed it.....SPAM.

Sign in to follow this topic