Huggies Forum

Mods- little disappointed! Lock Rss

I just saw you've locked the ear piercing thread. Why? There was no reason to shut it down. People were sharing opinions respectfully and giving useful information.

I totally disagree with you closing a thread because it "might" get heated. How are we supposed to have healthy debate if you don't give us the chance?

What's next? No threads about vaccination, smacking, breastfeeding, using dummies, or co-sleeping? This is a parenting website (and you keep referring to it as "our" huggies) and as long as people are being respectful we should have the opportunity to discuss what WE want to.

BTW just adding I don't particularly feel passionate about the ear piercing issue but I do feel passionate about censorship..........
Agree I was surprised too

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Well said Rosie Mumma- I am getting more upset about the mods doing things like this and also deleting posts (causing misunderstandings!) than anything else in this new forum!! sad

These "heated" debates are how I've learnt alot of valuable info from huggies for the last two years!

This is exactly why I hardly come on here any more, free speech and open discussion is not allowed

Nai&Beau wrote:
I'm really surprised too. The homebirth thread got deleted too and I did not think it got out of hand at all. It was really informative. Also mods I emailed you regarding it yesterday and haven't heard back?

They deleted the home birth thread....why???

Rosie Mumma wrote:
I just saw you've locked the ear piercing thread. Why? There was no reason to shut it down. People were sharing opinions respectfully and giving useful information.

I totally disagree with you closing a thread because it "might" get heated. How are we supposed to have healthy debate if you don't give us the chance?

What's next? No threads about vaccination, smacking, breastfeeding, using dummies, or co-sleeping? This is a parenting website (and you keep referring to it as "our" huggies) and as long as people are being respectful we should have the opportunity to discuss what WE want to.

BTW just adding I don't particularly feel passionate about the ear piercing issue but I do feel passionate about censorship..........

Well said!! Nearly started this thread myself last night! There was no reason for that thread to be locked! Seems the mods are a little to control happy atm! Editing or deleting comments from threads pees me off too! I've seen so many things deleted or edited or locked lately its ridiculous!
Hopefully you get an answer.
I also agree that censorship is wrong!!

ME - 23
DH - 25

Miss Willow

Keeping fit and healthy in pregnancy!!

We explained why we lost the ear piercing thread. There are currently a few trolls on the forum and we are trying to manage them which is why that we have locked threads like this.
Thanks
Huggies Mods
No, actually you said "topics like this tend to get heated".

You've decided that members here can't have a respectful discussion with various viewpoints. That's sad and I find it a bit offensive. There were no trolls in that thread. We are big girls who deserve to have the opportunity to discuss whatever we choose as long as it's done in a manner that doesn't breech huggies forum rules.

I highly suggest you don't lock other threads for no reason or you won't have members here at all.

Sign in to follow this topic