Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. How much do you spend on fruit and veg for a week

How much do you spend on fruit and veg for a week Rss

I'm just curious as to what fruit and veg people are eating, how much they buy and how much they end up spending for the week? I know a lot of stuff is seasonal so just what you are buying at the moment.

Any input would be appreciated!
I went fruit and vege shopping today and spent $50 for the week and got....
A watermelon
2kgs of apples
1kg pears
bananas
2 kg apricots
1/2 kg nectarines
mushrooms
corn
2 broccoli
1/2 celery
2kg red onions
cucmber
lettuce
spring onion
5 avacaods
6 tomatoes
1kg carrots
and a 10 kg bag of potatoes.
That is for 2 adults and 3 kids
We do eat a lot of fruit and veges though. This is about average for our family but is for lunches as well as meals and snacking.
Oh and we have courgettes in the garden grin

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Hi im in New Zealand we spend around $40 to $50 a week on fruit & vege, my hubby can eat 3 bananas in one day so we spend atleast $8 jut on bananas a week.

at moment fruit is

blueberries, nectarines, bananas, apricots was strawberries but they are getting yucky now

vegies are

carrots, broccoli, cauli, punpkin, tomatoes, capsicum, cabbage, mushrooms, onions

havent had to buy potatoes for a while thankgoodness as we have been harvesting our own from garden and also have had heaps of strawberries over summer from our plants, have had some lettuce, peas and have beans on our plants at moment too, we have a huge vegie garden.

Have got corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, carrots etc trying to grow but weather has been so crap so we have been buying mostly from supermarket.
i dont know how much i spend either this week i am going to buy
apples oranges pears banana's and watermelon
carrots peas corn lettuce tomato potatos mushrooms and olives
maybe a few others too while i'm there

thats probably only $35
We spend around $40-$50 a wk for 2 adults, one child and one baby.

Atm I'm buying apricots, bananas, blueberries, nectarines, strawberries, plums

Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, zuchini, mushrooms, onions, potatoes, avocados, corn cobs, capsicum, broccoli,

We have loads of carrots in our garden so haven't bought any for ages, we also have zuchini, cherry tomatoes, and beetroot which we've been eating.

I buy mostly seasonal smile
I have no idea but I do know since I've started buying only fruit and vege for snacks (not muesli bars etc..) my bill has gone down grin

Just wanted to hijack this thread though lol do most of you ladies shop at woolies/Coles or grocers for veg and fruit? Do you reckon grocers is more expensive but better value? Hope you don't mind Nic grin

I have no idea but I do know since I've started buying only fruit and vege for snacks (not muesli bars etc..) my bill has gone down grin

Just wanted to hijack this thread though lol do most of you ladies shop at woolies/Coles or grocers for veg and fruit? Do you reckon grocers is more expensive but better value? Hope you don't mind Nic grin

No worries grin

I buy mine from a fruit and veg market. I buy strawberries, grapes, watermelon, bananas, mangoes, lettuce, tomato, carrot, pumpkin, onion and potatoes.

We buy frozen peas and corn.

I spend about $30 but we always run out a few days before shopping.

The market is way cheaper ATM for fruit and veg in my area but sometimes Coles will have a better special and I'll grab something from there.
We get ours from a farm shop, it's like a big outdoor fruit n vege stall where the farm is. All the produce is super fresh and cheap and they have everything(some stuff like bananas imported) but most of it's grown there

I go there once a wk but buy a couple of things from the supermarket when I do the mid week grocery top up, usually just some fruit for the boys snacks/DS1s lunch box
Thank girls grin I'll keep my eye on my next receipt, I'm curious now!

My shopping budget is $250 p/f, from that I spend approx $120 on fresh fruit & veg. I buy organic when I can afford it, I go to the local farmers market, the fruit & veg shop and then Woolies if I need to.

Fruit: apples, bananas, strawberries, grapes, , watermelon, rockmelon, figs.
Veggies: Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, cauli, broccollini, capsicum, eggplant, sweet potato, avocado, alfalfa, rocket, celery, mushrooms.

It mostly depends what I have on my menu plan though some of the above are substituted for others smile

We spend about $50 or under every fornight at the local markets. Here's what we bought yesterday.....

Potatos
2 x capsicum
Carrots
Onions
Sweet potato
Pumpkin
Snow peas
Corn
Mushrooms
Apples
Oranges
Pears
White peaches

I think that was it. I didn't get broccolli, lettuce, cauliflower & tomatoes as we had some left over. Our markets area great and if you go a bit later it's cheaper as the sellers are dropping prices or competing with each other smile

I buy from local fruit n veg market if possible.
I buy:
apples
pears
bananas
nectarines
grapes
plums
watermelon
rock melon
potatoes
sweet potato
pumpkin