Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Memory foam mattress ------Good or Bad?

Memory foam mattress ------Good or Bad? Rss

I'm going to tell you about its chief advantages of disadvantages. First, however, you want to know that I'm well qualified to provide this information. That's because I recently spent 250 hours scouring through almost 50 online forums, message boards, consumer websites, etc. assembling information from at least 1,600 people regarding their opinions of their spring mattresses.

Motion transfer has to do with how the bed localizes or absorbs motion. In other words, a bed that has little or no motion transfer absorbs the movement of one person on the foam mattress so that the other person does not notice it. According to my research, mattress owners often praised their bed for its lack of motion transfer.
Hi Magan,

Thanks for sharing, I think what you're referring to is a localised mattress bounce feature.

Many of the mattress companies featured here have it.

Also here's a great article on the best memory foam mattresses in Australia.
Magan_Cheung wrote:
I'm going to tell you about its chief advantages of disadvantages. First, however, you want to know that I'm well qualified to provide this information. That's because I recently spent 250 hours scouring through almost 50 online forums, message boards, consumer websites, etc. assembling information from at least 1,600 people regarding their opinions of their spring mattresses.

Motion transfer has to do with how the bed localizes or absorbs motion. In other words, a bed that has little or no motion transfer absorbs the movement of one person on the foam mattress so that the other person does not notice it. According to my research, mattress owners often praised their bed for its lack of motion transfer.

Great job, Magan!
I can only add that children need a sleeping surface that is more supportive due to their postural formation. And if if you get a foam one then make sure it is one with that fancy airflow/ventilation thingy (can't remember what it's called) - because the biggest problem with the adult foam mattresses is that you get really hot. Though something like Zinus or CoolBrands would be just fine according to this review.

As for us - parents - we need to remember that the typical 100% foam mattress will be soft around the edge. So it could be tricky to do some reading before a good night grin
Just got a thick memory foam mattress from DynastyMattress for a few hundred bucks. Read the reviews on https://practicalsleep.com/best-mattresses-unde... and customers reviews on Amazon, of course check them with Fake Spot to get an idea of how legit they are, then just choose one. Hope this helps
Sign in to follow this topic