Huggies Forum

Starting to get to me Lock Rss

I love being a stay at home mum with my 15 month old daughter but feel like I need something to stimulate me too. I feel like my brain in wasting away by just spending all day everyday playing with my daughter.

We go to a mums group once a week and I'm in contact with our local Playcentre to start going there as well but I don't know what else to do. I really don't want to put my daughter into childcare and go back to work but lacking other ideas. Even if I did go back to work would I be able to get a decent job? I was just doing a small part time job while studying before having my daughter so have NO experience in anything I could see myself doing forever. And after looking through university entrance requirements I don't think I would be accepted in to a course either.

How do you all stay stimulated at home?
I feel exactly the same!

I would actually be glad to go and be a check out chick just to get the heck out of the house! lol.

I've even started doing puzzle books to get my mind out of all things baby! lol.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

You could do evening classes? Either a short course in something you find interesting, a language or working toward a qualification with a view to employment after your dd is older.
Have you thought about doing a TAFE course? It's easier to get in and can help you get into uni.
There are also lots of short TAFE courses you can do that may help you start a home business (sewing, cake decorating etc).
Sign in to follow this topic