Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. To those who have 3 car seats in the back

To those who have 3 car seats in the back Lock Rss

We were pretty certain that we would fit 3 car seats across the back of our car. We have finally checked today and realised that we can't sad

So to those of you who have 3 car seats across the back, what type of car do you have and what type of seats are your kids in??

Thanks heaps smile
i have a suzuki liana...

i have two infa secure ones - one is just a booster, one is the 8kg plus style and we have a fisher price reversible at the moment...

we previously had a falcon and had all three in the back.. there was definitly more room and it was easier to do up the booster seatbelt...

oh we also have a ford ranger and have the 0-18kg seat in there and a infa booster and ds1 sits in the middle.. i don't think you would get three seats in there plus there is no bolt hole in the middle anyway

i have a suzuki liana...

i have two infa secure ones - one is just a booster, one is the 8kg plus style and we have a fisher price reversible at the moment...

we previously had a falcon and had all three in the back.. there was definitly more room and it was easier to do up the booster seatbelt...

oh we also have a ford ranger and have the 0-18kg seat in there and a infa booster and ds1 sits in the middle.. i don't think you would get three seats in there plus there is no bolt hole in the middle anyway

Thanks for your reply smile

Are the infa secure seats slimmer than a maxi rider?

We are hoping we can change car seats rather than cars!!
im not sure.. i've never personally seen a maxi rider... the inf are available at big w...
we have one similar to this 8kg+ and this booster it has the width etc on the links...

our convertible you can't get anymore as it is about 5 years old.. but is quite big and bulky so not sure how we will go when we need to turn it around...

Great, thanks heaps for helping me. I have written down the measurements of those and will go and do some investigating haha!! smile
I drive a ford fairmont and have 3 booster seats, 2 maxi riders and one very similar to the maxi rider it is just a cheaper brand, but about the same size.
I was told hi pod (?) car seats are a bit slimmer. Maybe look into those too smile
The infa secure are definitely slimmer. We have just put a 3rd seat in awaiting bubs arrival. We had to get rid of the hipod we had as it was too wide. We now have a
Infa secure booster
Safe n sound birth to 18kg
Steelcraft capsule.
They fit nice n snug in our falcon.
We NOW have a hyundai sante fe and LOVE it - so glad we upgraded the car instead of the seats! saves us about $50-$100 a fortnight in petrol so within about 3 years we'll have covered the cost of the car. Oh and we used to have a holden astra so a much smaller car just not so petrol friendly.

The other bonus is the extra 2 seats in the boot if we have friends/visitors we still only need to take one car although with the car seats in they do have to do some yoga to get in!!! LOL

I don't envy this stage so many decisions to make over things that should be ever so simple!

[img]

We were pretty certain that we would fit 3 car seats across the back of our car. We have finally checked today and realised that we can't sad

So to those of you who have 3 car seats across the back, what type of car do you have and what type of seats are your kids in??

Thanks heaps smile

Hi,

What state are you in? In WA there is a place called Kidsafe and I emailed them with the ages of our kids and the year, make and model of our car and they told me what car seats would fit and the configuration that would work best. Even if you arent in WA you could probably still contact them

Bek

do not stress on getting a new car try different seat combinations as there are some companies whose seats have a very small footprint (eg infa,and maxi cosi)
Sign in to follow this topic