Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Please excuse my emotional vent :(

Please excuse my emotional vent :( Rss

So I had my second baby just over 2 weeks ago, and my husband being a builder has had no time off work AT ALL (appart from when I was in labour). Its normal for him to work 12 hour days and he has also just started to build our own house so therefore most of his spare time does and will be spent doing that.

The day before I came home from hospital he went out with his mates to "wet the baby's head", which is completely fine. The day/night we came home from hospital he went out to his cousins 21st and left me at home with our newborn, which I wasnt too happy about, because all he did was winge about how tired he was.

So today he worked from 7am - 3pm, went to soccer from 3-6 and just came home then and said he was going to the pub with his team mates at 6.30pm to which I went off my head. He reckons he will only be half hour.....yeah right! Im so annoyed, he tells me how tired he is, yet pisses off to go out....and have a nice dinner at the pub too, while Im left at home with 2 kids to organise dinner for. Then he says to me when he is leaving that I better be in a better mood when he gets home.

To top it all off, he has to work on our house tomorrow, then play soccer again 1-3 then probably go back to work until dinner time. Then the working week starts all over again sad

Might be the day for *** husbands today.lol. Mine is always busy too and after no sleep last night I begged for some help this morning to be greeted with out selfish I was.lol Really today has been a craper. Hope things improve for you. Big Hugs.
Vent away your husband is being an unmentionable. You need to rest and recover. If he is not able or willing to give you the time and support you need then move in your mother or hire a doula/nanny AND someone to do the housework! As for the for the being in a better mood comment #@$%!!!!

Anyone guess this is hitting a nerve?? Our baby arrives on Tuesday DP is working crazy long hours and being an arrrse when he is home.

But seriously if you don't recover properly now you are just going to get sick later so if you can get some practical help. And CONGRATULATIONS on your baby - Toby is a gorgeous name!

Vent away your husband is being an unmentionable. You need to rest and recover. If he is not able or willing to give you the time and support you need then move in your mother or hire a doula/nanny AND someone to do the housework! As for the for the being in a better mood comment #@$%!!!!

Anyone guess this is hitting a nerve?? Our baby arrives on Tuesday DP is working crazy long hours and being an arrrse when he is home.

But seriously if you don't recover properly now you are just going to get sick later so if you can get some practical help. And CONGRATULATIONS on your baby - Toby is a gorgeous name!

100% agree with everything here...I sometimes read things on here that just make me shake my head, the OP is one of them sad I hope your bloke wises up and realises how lucky he is to have his family, and starts appreciating you xxx

Might be the day for *** husbands today.lol. Mine is always busy too and after no sleep last night I begged for some help this morning to be greeted with out selfish I was.lol Really today has been a craper. Hope things improve for you. Big Hugs.

What is it with men thinking its their god given right to free time and a SOCIAL life of all things!! I am used to doing it on my own most of the time but what gets my goat is that he winges how tired he is, but still goes out or plays soccer OR sits up ALL night watching crap on TV!

If it weren't for my MIL and all of her help then I probably would have punched someone in the face over the last 2 weeks.
I hope your DP gets his act together before your bub arrives!

tell him to put his harden the fluck up panties on and try looking after 2 kids all day and a house then see how tired he is grin

Definatly the day DP has been on his comp and was out most of the day helping a friend. The friend did need the help but DD is really sick so promised to be quick. I had to deal with her and DS while im sick as well.
Know the felling I'm 17 years old with a 5 month old and a 20 year old boyfriend who is so unhelpful at the moment I'm trying so hard to keep stuff together for the 3 of us but it's so hard. And people have the nerve to look down on us young mothers like were all neglectful and wana party and leave our kids at home well I'm sorry judgemental people need to keep there dirty looks and opinions to there selfs and worry about their own lifes because every day is a struggle yet us mums always seem to b carrying a smile on our face and a baby on our hip nomatter what were going through. I say go young mums because were wounifull people and great mums.!!!!
Sign in to follow this topic