Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. How rude! I just lodged a complaint...

How rude! I just lodged a complaint... Rss

I was talking to a lady at Medicare, who quite clearly didn't really want to be there.... I got the info I needed and then as she ended the call she yawned, and it was loud enough for me to hear clearly over me thanking her for the help!

People like that really annoy me. I have done my fair share of time in a call centre and you DO NOT ever hear a customer hear you yawn AND you put on your professional voice whether you want to be there or not.

I was so displeased that I just put in an online complaint!

Is OVER rude people

fair enough, I put in a complaint the other day about an RSPCA donation lady who rang to sell raffle tickets to me. I dont ever donate over the phone and give money to 'in person' collectors as much as I can, but this lady, after I listened to her spiel and said to her ' No thanks, not today', then said to me in an arrogant tone ' What, dont you even have $20 to spare to help the animals'...... how rude!!!
I've worked in a call centre and I know there were days where I just didn't want to be there, but you suck it up and get on with your job. They have a mute button so they shouldn't be rude and if they have to yawn they could be polite and mute themselves.
It wasn't even as if it was a long call either.... 3 minutes max!

Is OVER rude people

I was talking to a lady at Medicare, who quite clearly didn't really want to be there.... I got the info I needed and then as she ended the call she yawned, and it was loud enough for me to hear clearly over me thanking her for the help!

People like that really annoy me. I have done my fair share of time in a call centre and you DO NOT ever hear a customer hear you yawn AND you put on your professional voice whether you want to be there or not.

I was so displeased that I just put in an online complaint!

Whilst i understand that working in a call centre environment she shouldn't have done what she did, i would instead have some empathy - you never know - maybe this woman is a mum with a couple of kids who have been up all night, yet she still has to go to work to pay the bills/mortgage and she may just have been having an off moment (as we all do in life) - i would hate to think that she may lose her job over a complaint mellow though i think i have too much empathy (ok i'm a big softie!) since having kids!
triple post
double post
quadruple post!
hehehehe dont you hate it when it goes slow and you keep pressing that Add Reply button!!

fair enough, I put in a complaint the other day about an RSPCA donation lady who rang to sell raffle tickets to me. I dont ever donate over the phone and give money to 'in person' collectors as much as I can, but this lady, after I listened to her spiel and said to her ' No thanks, not today', then said to me in an arrogant tone ' What, dont you even have $20 to spare to help the animals'...... how rude!!!

I was upset the other week by a grumpy old man collector at the supermarket. We were having a pretty tough week financially but it was for the hospice and I happened to have dollar in my wallet so I popped it in his tin and his reply was 'is that all you can afford'. I wanted to cry - because that week it was actually more than I could afford. What happened to 'thank you' and 'every little bit helps'!!
That's abit rude!! Having worked for a call centre that has really strict customer service that is pretty bad! We were always told that any call you take no matter how many hours you have been working for, you take that call as if its your first for the day!!

Whilst i understand that working in a call centre environment she shouldn't have done what she did, i would instead have some empathy - you never know - maybe this woman is a mum with a couple of kids who have been up all night, yet she still has to go to work to pay the bills/mortgage and she may just have been having an off moment (as we all do in life) - i would hate to think that she may lose her job over a complaint mellow though i think i have too much empathy (ok i'm a big softie!) since having kids!

If this is the first complaint then I doubt anything will come of it, but she may do it all the time..... There was an option to request a reply, but I saw no use in that, I made my complaint and that is all I wanted, I don't need an apology from Medicare.

As harsh as this sounds, you should leave your personal life at the door as you enter your workplace. I know that can be extremely difficult at times, but you are at work to work, if you are that under the weather then you shouldn't be there.

Imagine if that was a private business, they wouldn't be getting any more of my money that is for sure. When I worked I always treated my customers with respect, treated it as if it was my company, no customers means no job.... lol

Is OVER rude people

Sign in to follow this topic