Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

2nd birthday party????? Rss

Help please!!!!
I want to give my boy a birthday party for his 2nd birthday as we have a baby due in 6 days and his birthday is only 3 weeks later. As the baby will be getting alot of attention I want to make his birthday special so he doesn't feel left out at this time.
I need to know some EASY foods to serve for the kids (I am NOT a good cook) and some activities that I should be organsing (or do I not do that????) I really don't know what to do - my house is not a child play-ground like the other mums in my mums group so I don't have alot of toys for the kids to entertain themselves with - just not sure what to do with/for the kids on the day.
Any advice will be very welcome.
For food I would just do things like party pies, sasuage rolls, hot dogs, fair bread, fruit platters, sandwhiches etc.

I have never worried about party games at that age. If you have a small child size table, what I normally do is cover the top of it with butcher paper and put out a cup of crayons and let the kids draw all over it.
Hi

Party pies & pasties, sausage rolls with sauce - always a favourite

Different fruits just cut into cubes and put onto a platter

Mini hotdogs - cocktail frankfurts put into the bake at home dinner rolls, serve with sauce or mustard

Fairy bread

Cupcakes

A plate of various sandwiches with his favourite fillings, cut into triangles

Have fun! Happy Birthday to your son.
Not that i am a fan but MACDONALDS springs to mind........

or just invite four children or something due to the fact that the parents will stay and that will fill your house up.....

pool party at the local swimming pool where the dads can go in the water and you can do the food

also 2 year olds don't eat much.... fairy bread, some chips, lollies, some fruit as a token..... cupcakes with funky icing with some candles!

lemonade and juice and water for those kids that arn't allowed to eat other stuff...

Help please!!!!
I want to give my boy a birthday party for his 2nd birthday as we have a baby due in 6 days and his birthday is only 3 weeks later. As the baby will be getting alot of attention I want to make his birthday special so he doesn't feel left out at this time.
I need to know some EASY foods to serve for the kids (I am NOT a good cook) and some activities that I should be organsing (or do I not do that????) I really don't know what to do - my house is not a child play-ground like the other mums in my mums group so I don't have alot of toys for the kids to entertain themselves with - just not sure what to do with/for the kids on the day.
Any advice will be very welcome.

All the best for the birth of your new bubs too!
Can you have it at a plycentre nearby?

I has DS1's 2nd birthday at a playcentre, the kids were entertained and trhey supplied the food. It wasnt that expensive either, by the time you add up the cost of buying al the food, and i had no mess to worry about later!

Good luck with the new bub!

A nigella recipe for cheesy feet is super easy and can be cut into any shape with cookie cutters(google nigella cheesy feet) They are really delicious so make a double batch. I make little kids 'ambrosia cups' which always go down well which are basically equal parts yoghurt and whipped cream and marshmallows. Mix it all together and put in individual plastic cups. Make them the night before and they are especially delicious. Fairy bread is always good (cut into shapes with cookie cutters if you can be bothered), cheerios, potato chips and birthday cake would be fine for a morning or afternoon tea party.
As for games at 2 they are a bit young for anything organised. Balloons and fly swats have always been popular at ours. You can also hire toys for the day from your local toy library. Kid's music cd's from the library can also be good. But I reckon that in order for the day to be really special for your little one you really just need balloons, a little bit of special food and for you to make a fuss. Don't stress yourself by having loads of people and kids. Especially not ones that you are worried about how you ocmpare to. Anyhoo good luck with the party and the baby!!
Sign in to follow this topic