Huggies Forum

friend is having bub after us Lock Rss

as the title suggests...

first let me say, we are keeping the sex a secret, therefore haven't said any names on our list (because we only have names in one sex). last night our friends were over and they are due in nov (we are due aug 1), and the few names they mentioned to us are at the top of our list.

however, the first name we may be using (deciding between that and one other still) was their original choice until her dad made negative comments, so they prob won't use that now. the new first name they have come up with is the name that i like the most as a middle name for our bub.

i obviously couldn't say anything, because we haven't told anyone the sex so that would give it away. do you think it will be an issue if we use the middle name that they are going to have as a first name, and that our first name will be the name they originally came up with for a first name but will most likely not use?

if that makes any sense hehe

as the title suggests...

first let me say, we are keeping the sex a secret, therefore haven't said any names on our list (because we only have names in one sex). last night our friends were over and they are due in nov (we are due aug 1), and the few names they mentioned to us are at the top of our list.

however, the first name we may be using (deciding between that and one other still) was their original choice until her dad made negative comments, so they prob won't use that now. the new first name they have come up with is the name that i like the most as a middle name for our bub.

i obviously couldn't say anything, because we haven't told anyone the sex so that would give it away. do you think it will be an issue if we use the middle name that they are going to have as a first name, and that our first name will be the name they originally came up with for a first name but will most likely not use?

if that makes any sense hehe

Use whatever name you a dp decide. Your child will grow up and it is possible the two children wont have anything to do with each other anyway.

It's so hard to come up with a name you like, so if you've managed to come up with one, continue to use it.

if it's a really close friend, have you considered talking to her about it? Tell her you were thinking of the same name ~ but could she keep it a secret.

Good luck with it all.
i would sit down adn talk to your friend, tell her that u had the names picked out for IF the baby is that sex. that way u dont give away the sex, but she still knows that she has picked the same names as u.

my friend and her SIL are going through this thank god they are having different gendered babies because every name was on each others list lol

I personally would try to think of something else but if i couldnt still use it its only a middle name!! I love having the same middle name as my best friend and it was extra special when i gave DD the same middle name as me because i was also giving her the same middle name as my best friend...hmmm im way off topic now but anyway as a PP said you may not be able to think of something else you can both agree with I would speak to my friend about it
That's tough, isn't it?!

I'm assuming that everyone knows that you found out the sex and you're keeping it to yourself and that's why you can't just say that it's on your list of possibilities should you have that gender?

We found out the sex of our children but, we had names for both genders regardless so people wouldn't pick up on what the genders were. (Also, quite a few of my friends have been told the wrong gender during ultrasounds so we wanted to be prepared just in case the same happened to us.)

Personally, I think it's important that your child gets the names that YOU want to give them smile You'd hate to change the names to ones you liked less and then discover that your friend has the opposite gender or doesn't use those names anyway! But, I think you would have to explain when your baby is born that you already had the names picked out and you weren't out to steal her names (I'm fairly confident that thought would cross her mind).

Good luck smile
I dont think it matters really im having the same middle name as my girlfriend if I have a girl and we decided on the name for different reasons. But if your that worked up about it then talk to her but keep in mind that you havent told anyone and she isnt a mind reader.

As for the kids might not grow up together, well my best friend and i have been best friends since we were little, its been 23 years, our parents were friends. Now our children have grown up together and hopefully the tradition will continue when our kids grow up
to me its only a name if your using it as a middle name who cares everyone has each others names even middle names the only thing is we all have different last names thank god for that don't stress too much over it i would have bub and call bub what u decided to call bub don't change it u seem to b happy with what u have got it is sooooooooooooo hard to pick names that you are happy with so just stick to what u have got
I think you should name your child whatever u and ur partner like. Maybe it a good idea to tell ur friend before bub is born the names u have for a girl and a boy so she doesnt get a shock after bub is born.
Sign in to follow this topic