Huggies Forum

Does anyone get paid weekly??? Lock Rss

DH's wage has just changed from fornightly to weekly, we have never been paid weekly before only monthly or fortnightly.

how often do you shop? I am thinking if I shop weekly I would end up spending more, when do pay bills etc?

I am so used to budgeting for fortnightly never weekly!!!

DH's wage has just changed from fornightly to weekly, we have never been paid weekly before only monthly or fortnightly.

how often do you shop? I am thinking if I shop weekly I would end up spending more, when do pay bills etc?

I am so used to budgeting for fortnightly never weekly!!!

we have only started being paind fortnightly in the last 5yrs before that it was always weekly.

I would shop weekly but if you do a meal plan cut it down to a week.

All monthly bills i would divide them by 4 and pay a bit each week so you don't get 1 big bill.

If you know one week you'll get a bigger pay ( we were one week on call one week off so big pay then a little one) the big pay wk pay a bit off bills like water/gas/electricity.

thats all i can think of

i''''m baking a baby

we get paid weekly but have a monthly credit card so kinda both.
i have a bill account and i pay into that monthly
the mortgage gets paid weekly too.
i shop weekly simply because it's easier to handle but i tend to get meat monthly.
I used to. But I would just "pretend" I got paid fortnightly.... Best way to do that is (if you can) "catch up" so you are 2 or 3 weeks "in front" so to speak. Then just do everything exactly as you had for fortnightly pay. Change nothing. I found if I budgeted stuff weekly I sucked at it, whereas budgeting fornightly I could manage fine. No idea why. LOL. That was of course many years ago and I would probably suck more at it by now!!!!!!!
We get paid weekly and i shop weekly, with bills i pop money aside weekly for bills, i dont know if you will spend more on shopping because its been about 5 years since we were paid fortnightly lol
Oh to be paid weekly ....that sounds good ! lol lol

we are mothly here !! blurgh !! smile

OK I pay my bills fortnightlly atm and same with the mortgage, cause I shop at Aldi which I have to travel to I do a big shop F/Nly which costs around 180, then top up at our local IGA so maybe another 50 at most then fruit and veg on the in between week.

I don't really know how to shop weekly !!! LOL
Will sit down and have a look at figures.

Frankster we used to be paid monthly and I HATED it, might have been OK if we were paid on time, but at time would stretch out to 6 wks, absolutely positively HATED it!!
We get paid weekly. TBH, I don't know how people who get paid monthly do it!!

I vote for shopping weekly. smile That way you get fresh fruit and veg every week and only have to do a weekly meal plan. I don't know how people can do it fortnightly even, I'm at day 6 and going, ARGH there's nothing to eat!! lol

As for bills, I just averaged out how much they are each month and divide that by 4. You can have that money automatically put into a separate account each week (say, on a Sunday) if you do internet banking.

Weekly is the best. smile Although, we probably do spend more than if we did everything fortnightly? Not too sure though.

Ren
We are paid monthly so can't help.
We are the reverse in this house! DH was paid weekly up until late last year when it changed to monthly and it completely mucked me about to start with.

When it was weekly pay, I'd shop weekly. I actually found it was easier to save when it was a weekly grocery shop. I think the only thing you could spend more on shopping weekly is meat if you usually buy in bulk but, if you can organise it so that you buy your meat fortnightly and other groceries weekly, I don't think you'd spend any more.

I also used to put money away each week to cover upcoming bills etc.
We went from being paid monthly to being paid weekly, it was a HUGE change for us! Apart from the fact that it took them months to get it right, it has turned out to be much better for us!

Fridays we get paid, AB takes out what he needs for fuel for the week, plus a little pocket money, then i put some away into our savings account (same amount every week regardless of what our pay is as it can differ greatly) Whatever is left goes to bills and groceries!! Some weeks we have money to splash around, others we have to be really careful, just depends on what kind of pay it is and what kind of bills we have!! We have put ourselves on an extremely tight budget as we are looking at building in the next few months, but being paid weekly has certainly made it so much easier... If we were still being paid monthly i don't know if we could do it as we lack MAJOR money discipline LOL

Good Luck with it tho! Hopefully it will work out better for you too smile

yeh, we used to get paid monthly. We would spend up big at the begining of the month and then be poor at the end!! laugh
Sign in to follow this topic