Huggies Forum

Would you do it? Lock Rss

Do DH and I are definately over.

He came just now to collect some more stuff, and asked when me and the kids could be out of the house. He said that he would pay rent for 2 weeks for us to find somewhere, and somehow also find the money to pay move in costs. Im still waiting t go on the pension so currently have no income, and DH has cancelled my access to our money, and offered to give me $50 to help me out!

DH walked into our relationship with nothing other than his clothes and kids beds. Since we have been together we have bought some stuff- lounge suite and TV's and stuff like that.

HE said that he wants to keep the couch (which cost $4000), and a few other things. My friend thinks that I should put it on EBay 3 day auction and if it sells use the money to move.

If i do it, DH will go CRAZY! At this stage I can probably be out by Monday staying at either my parents or a friends place, or Im waiting to hear back from a house that is available immediately.

So would you sell it and move and not worry about DH since he has left us with hardly any options, or do the right thing and leave it.

I would leave it. It's not worth the few hundred dollars you'll get for it in the aggravation that it will cause, and the ongoing anger.
I'm really sorry to hear that!

Firstly, get legal advice! I would imagine you are entitled to half of everything you bought together. He does not get to walk out on his family and leave you high and dry!!

I can't remember where you are but Department of Housing will usually help with bond for a house and you can get a one off $500 payment from Centrelink to help with rent in advance.

My ex did exactly the same thing to me 11 weeks before our wedding so I know how you're feeling right now, if you need to chat just PM me.

Hugs
xo
I just wanted to add that I am pretty certain that you are entitled to take things like the fridge, washing machine and microwave and all of your kids' stuff as well as they are the 'basic' necessities that your children will need.
im so sorry to hear that
hope you and the kids end up ok in the end if you have been with him for 6 months or more you are entiled to half of everything like a marriage so you do what you have to do to get money for you and your kids but yer centrelink will help and the deparment off housing best of luck for you

big hugs and good luck xx
Me personally I wouldnt go selling things without his knowledge that to me is vindictive and will only escalate ill feelings which wont help anyone. I suggest that you find out exactly where you stand legally especially with him restricting your access you joint money. Then I suggest sitting down calmly and seperating things up as evenly as possible in a calm manner. For instance if he wants the lounge then you get joint property of equal value OR he gives you half the value in cash.

Cheers Ness

Me personally I wouldnt go selling things without his knowledge that to me is vindictive and will only escalate ill feelings which wont help anyone. I suggest that you find out exactly where you stand legally especially with him restricting your access you joint money. Then I suggest sitting down calmly and seperating things up as evenly as possible in a calm manner. For instance if he wants the lounge then you get joint property of equal value OR he gives you half the value in cash.

Cheers Ness

I agree 110% with Ness. Get on that phone now and get some advice with EVERYTHING.
sweetie please give legal aid a ring today and speak with someone i dont know what state your in but if you just google them all the state offices come up. I would hate to see you walk out of this with nothing but the cloths on your back and then have the stress of trying to set up a house and provide for your kids. you really need legal advice about what your rights are with this so please will you give them a call today????

I agree 110% with Ness. Get on that phone now and get some advice with EVERYTHING.

I am entitleed to half of everything because we are married. I had a fully furnished house when we moved in together, he has clothes and a set of bunk beds. Everything else I owned and took into our house.

I wouldnt be selling it to be vindictive, its to get a roof over my kids heads because I have no money coming in and a short time before he says he is kicking me and the kids out. He has cut off all my access to money while i am waiting for centrelink appointment.

I am entitleed to half of everything because we are married. I had a fully furnished house when we moved in together, he has clothes and a set of bunk beds. Everything else I owned and took into our house.

I wouldnt be selling it to be vindictive, its to get a roof over my kids heads because I have no money coming in and a short time before he says he is kicking me and the kids out. He has cut off all my access to money while i am waiting for centrelink appointment.

have you rung legal aid??? cuz its not just about what your entitled to right now its about other things like what your rights

I know what you are saying which is exactly why you need to get on the phone and get some advice- I don't think he 'can' cut off your access to money, you need to know where you stand in regards to everything what's yours, what he can and can't do etc. You can call a lawyer today and some information and things like that. Even if you are not doing it to be vindictive it is going to come across that way to him and once he finds out it's only going to make things worse for you.
Sign in to follow this topic