Huggies Forum

5 year old girl gift Rss

Any ideas? My niece is turning 5. I got a message from SIL to say that they had just bought a leapster for her so if we wanted to get games etc we could, but because she sent that I want to get something else (she did say she didn't want to be rude at the start of the email and knows it is hard to think of present ideas, but, well, I didn't like it lol).

So yes, I need to find a present for my niece turning 5. She loves dancing and singing, that's as much as I know lol!!!!
I hate it when people do that! I think it is a bit rude myself. I understand though that it sux to get gifts you dont want but especially with kids they like most things! it is more the parents i take it that want you to buy the stuff they don't want to.

My MIL is bad for it always asking what DD wants for birthday - i say work it out yourself! A gift is supposed to be thoughtful to the recipient and not always just something you ask for!

Don't mind me ... whinge over now!
Pretty hair clips
New hair brush
Lip smackers lip stuff
My little pony set
Tea set
Books
is she into craft?? my friend sent me an email one day to tell me what i should buy her daughter for her 4th birthday, i thought it was so rude, and as my friend hates mess, i bought her daughter a bunch of craft stuff...all really really messy stuff LOL lots of glitter ect tongue i have never had another email from her to tell me what to buy her kids since... smile

is she into craft?? my friend sent me an email one day to tell me what i should buy her daughter for her 4th birthday, i thought it was so rude, and as my friend hates mess, i bought her daughter a bunch of craft stuff...all really really messy stuff LOL lots of glitter ect tongue i have never had another email from her to tell me what to buy her kids since... smile

BAHAHAHAHAHAH that is seriously sensational. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Hair stuff is out cos she hates having her hair done.....otherwise I probably would have got some of those korker thingy whatsits.

I know she wasn't trying to be rude in suggesting something, but, well, I found it rude anyway.

I was thinking of maybe a personalised embroidered towel (she has a weird name)?? Is that a bit "old"???????
with her having an unsual name anything personalised would be thoughtful.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

with her having an unsual name anything personalised would be thoughtful.

Any suggestions other than the towel idea??? Thanks!!
My DD is 5 and these are some of the things she loves...

Fingernail polish
Bubble mixture and bubble wands
Bubble Bath machine (it sticks to the edge of the tub, you put water and bubble bath in it and press a button and it makes a big stream of bubbles that fill the tub)
Dress up costumes
Costume jewellery (bangles, necklaces)
Art and craft pack
Kids magazine (they always come with little free gifts that my girls love)
Funky notebook with glitter pens, felt tip pens, stickers etc
Crayola colour packs (the ones with the magic paper that are themed eg Tinkerbell)
A travel beauty case with some stuff in it (like the fingernail polish, body wash, bubble bath etc)

This is the bubble bath machine

If she is into singing you could get here something like this microphone.
ALl my kids have their own embroided name towels and LOVE them, pinks blues whites, some have pics and a name, some just the kids names.. they know exactly what towel to go for after bath time and has its own place on the tail rail... I always love the idea of somethign personalised...If you have her name embroided on , they may also put a fairy or or a ballerina on as well ..would be really pretty and special..

8 babies..5boys 3 girls

OOOOOO! If you want to go personalised, there's a fab site mooo.com.au for personalised stuff smile Some things are a little pricey but, you can easily find something fab under $30 - pencil cases, t-shirts, wall stickers etc. They're really fun designs smile

I actually usually ask my brother and sister to give me a list of things their kiddies might like; I must be strange? LOL. I'd never give people ideas if they didn't ask - even when they do ask, I never know what to say because I hate having to assume how much they want to spend! You don't want to say anything expensive but, then if you say "a matchbox car" you don't want them to get the impression that you think they're cheap tongue

ETA: mooo.com.au also has a lot of personalised stationary, name labels etc. that are very reasonably priced. I've become slightly addicted since ordering the invites to the boys' party from there.
I've left it a little late....TBH the email she sent actually reminded me about the birthday bahahah!!! So I really need to get something up here cos I still need to send it down there!!! Agh. Nothing like being organised. And this is nothing like being organised.....lol.

Will save that site to my favourites though for next time smile THanks chick

I've left it a little late....TBH the email she sent actually reminded me about the birthday bahahah!!! So I really need to get something up here cos I still need to send it down there!!! Agh. Nothing like being organised. And this is nothing like being organised.....lol.

Will save that site to my favourites though for next time smile THanks chick

Do you have a smiggle shop (funky stationary). I know girls love it. But not sure if 5yr olds will be interested

I bought my 6yr old neice a kids cupcake maker. She loved it.

Sign in to follow this topic