Huggies Forum

Has anyone ... Lock Rss

Done an extended trek/hike?

I'm looking at doing the Bibbulmun track next year in Sept (hopefully).

Has anyone done the track (end to end) or any other similar treks?
If so what would you do differently?
And any tips/advice....

Because it goes through several small towns I'm hoping to set it all up to meet DH and DDs along the way to pick up supplies etc as it takes approximately 6-8 weeks to complete.

*For those that don't know the Bibbulmun track is almost 1000km that runs from Perth through the SW of WA to Albany*

I haven't done any, but I've been on parts of the Bibbulmum. Just wanted to say good luck if you do, I reckon it would be awesome.

I haven't done any, but I've been on parts of the Bibbulmum. Just wanted to say good luck if you do, I reckon it would be awesome.

my dad's done part of the bibbulmum (sorry can't remember the excact part) would u be doing it on your own or with someone?? I'm done a couple of extended ones but only a couple of days in a row sorta thing, we are going to do hinchenbrook island up in QLD towards the end of the year though...
have u done any over night hiking b4?

nope i haven't but my dad has just become a guide for the kokoda trail.

I wish you luck doing it.

i''''m baking a baby

my dad's done part of the bibbulmum (sorry can't remember the excact part) would u be doing it on your own or with someone?? I'm done a couple of extended ones but only a couple of days in a row sorta thing, we are going to do hinchenbrook island up in QLD towards the end of the year though...
have u done any over night hiking b4?

I haven't done any for quite a long time (when we used to, it was mostly by horseback)
I was hoping to do it with my brother but he's on casual so no way he could go 6-8 weeks without pay.
I may split it done into smaller treks if I have to but I was hoping to do it end to end at once.

I haven't done any for quite a long time (when we used to, it was mostly by horseback)
I was hoping to do it with my brother but he's on casual so no way he could go 6-8 weeks without pay.
I may split it done into smaller treks if I have to but I was hoping to do it end to end at once.

i would definetly get into training for it.. inno its not as physically demanding as things like kokoda etc but it will take its toll on you.. start with some over night hikes etc and maybe you could do the first couple of sections individually just to get back into the feel of hiking again and to test out all your equipment, best bet for stove wise is get yourself a trangia thats what we use and we've never had an issue with it were as other friends have taken gas or other stoves and it takes forever to cook gets blown out etc... If you can i would also be trying to invest in the lightest gear you can, which usually means it costs a hell of a lot more but just remember that by the end of the day every ounce weighs a pound...

Sign in to follow this topic