Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Brain Fluff, Can't Remember Rss

I know little girls can't be done until they are six months, but can you do little boys earlier? Oscar's *ahem* 'bits' have come down and his wee is starting to smell very strong. Our vet has already shut so I figured someone has to know! He's 18 weeks old.
Thanks, XO

From googling apparently they can be desexed from 8 weeks. Fact i found out cats hit puberty at 4 months.

From googling apparently they can be desexed from 8 weeks. Fact i found out cats hit puberty at 4 months.

Excellent, thanks! I'll book him in asap. Poor little dude, I kinda feel sorry for him though.

Excellent, thanks! I'll book him in asap. Poor little dude, I kinda feel sorry for him though.

I was meanie i got our cat desexed wednesday. Poor cat has a plastic collar and was walking backwards when we got her home lol. Considering she would have had kittens in a week she was cut pretty bad and very sore. It did calm her down alot but she is still a food stealer lol.
hey there, my friend is a vet nurse and said the RSPCA do them from 1mth, but better to wait til a couple of months.

I had Tommy booked in but he got sick, so he is rebooked for next week, I got tolf they start spraying between 6-8mths so really MUST be done by 8mths, he is 6mths and hasn't started yet

I know little girls can't be done until they are six months, but can you do little boys earlier? Oscar's *ahem* 'bits' have come down and his wee is starting to smell very strong. Our vet has already shut so I figured someone has to know! He's 18 weeks old.
Thanks, XO

When I had male kittens they were always spaded by 5 months of age

hey there, my friend is a vet nurse and said the RSPCA do them from 1mth, but better to wait til a couple of months.

I had Tommy booked in but he got sick, so he is rebooked for next week, I got tolf they start spraying between 6-8mths so really MUST be done by 8mths, he is 6mths and hasn't started yet

Oscar already sprays, but into the litter box. Quite cute really, but SMELLY! Maggie is due for more needles on Thursday, so I'll book him in for then I think. With four animals, this vet is making a FORTUNE off us!

Sign in to follow this topic