Huggies Forum

Quick Help Please Lock Rss

When you had it put in did you have anestetic?

I can get it done under general for $150, local for $125, or no anestitic for $45, which would you go for?

Not worried about the money, but how much did it hurt??

I had it done with no anaesthetic, and it was very uncomfortable. Apparently I went pretty white, and got all hot & clammy.

If I had the choice, I'd get it done with a local.
Depends how well you tolerate a local too though.

As a local in your cervix is one of the most uncomfortable things ever IMO. Theres one spot they hit that makes your heart race, you feel out of control and like your going to pass out (dr says its normal lol).

I'd prob brave it without anesthetic but for me the anesthetic is horrible.

Depends how well you tolerate a local too though.

As a local in your cervix is one of the most uncomfortable things ever IMO. Theres one spot they hit that makes your heart race, you feel out of control and like your going to pass out (dr says its normal lol).

I'd prob brave it without anesthetic but for me the anesthetic is horrible.

I dont take general's well- wake up throwing, and the anti nausea stuff doesnt work, cant 'sleep them off' like your supposed to so im pretty much sick for the rest of the day. I have had a local in my cervix for abnormal cells to be removed, but i cant remember it, which also means i dont remember it being too horrible tho i guess! Few people i know who have had it done with nothing all say its horrible!

Can you ask for "Twilight sedation" with a local in the cervix.

I had this for a D&C as im petrified of going under a GA.

So I was technically awake for it but dont remember a thing.
I had it done under twilight and don't remember anything either!

Hi
I had my Mirena put in 11 months ago at the time i was never offered any anesthetic.
I found it to be mildley uncomfortable but def not warranting an anesthetic i have had brazilian's worse than that. blink blink blink
Take some nurofen before you have it done is my suggestion.
Sign in to follow this topic