Huggies Forum

Don't forget the Garbo.. Lock Rss

...and postie..lol
It's a box of chockies for the postie for Christmas, but I can't decide between a six pack or chocolates for the Garbo..lol

Gotta be ready to run out after the garbo on garbage day, with the girls to give him his present... What a sight..lol
Really? People buy stuff for the garbo and postie?

Our garbo is a w a n k e r and knocks our bin over every week on purpose.

DS 3 and Booby Monster Boo 18mths

I'm thinking an attitude adjustment for our garbo!

Back in the day people definitely used to leave a 6pack for the garbo as the garbo had to get out of the truck, run in and get the bin (not the wheely type back then either) then lift it up into the truck, then take the bin back in and put the lid back on top!

These days the ones around here never get out of the truck. If they can't get to the bin they just keep whacking at it with the metal arm thing until they get it or it falls over sad

Posted by: ~BOB~
Really? People buy stuff for the garbo and postie?

that's what i was thinking. ours dont seem to do anything special to warrant any gift giving from us.
Oh dear... Maybe it's just a Tassie thing??
We used to do it a few years ago but not any more.

Posted by: reesimone.

lol, it might be. it is certainly not an SA thing....
Posted by: Mumto2Ts

I'm from WA and we always used to put out a 6-pack for the garbo. If I had forgotten to put the bin out he always came back and emptied it at the end of his run smile The lawnmower man also got a 6-pack. But the postie never got anything (and won't here either as I have a PO box).

Posted by: Mum2RONJAM
Posted by: Mumto2Ts

I'm from WA and we always used to put out a 6-pack for the garbo. If I had forgotten to put the bin out he always came back and emptied it at the end of his run smile The lawnmower man also got a 6-pack. But the postie never got anything (and won't here either as I have a PO box).

Same here - we just call the council office and the garbo will come back and get it later... Always has a wave for the kiddies too smile
Nothing for the garbo or postie here, but, I will be getting something for the Fastway courier driver who delivers my fruit & vegies every fortnight. Randomly he delivers other parcels too.

I had only walked out the front with Emily the other day to hear frantic beeping of a horn, I looked up and there he was smiling and waving telling Emily her Christmas lights were beautiful.... lol

I once wanted my fruit & veg delivered on a Friday, the supplier told me they couldn't guarantee it as that courier company were slack with Friday deliveries and that it may not turn up until the Monday.... I took a chance and there he was on the door step on the Friday afternoon. Nice guy too.

Is OVER rude people

Bugger the garbo, ours is a cranky old man who never waves to my son. I'll probably get something for the postie, make up all the times my dog has chased him down the road lol

And definately something for the lovely old lady who brings our junk mail to us.
[Edited on 08/12/2009]
and dont forget your paper boys

our garbo's will not be allowed to accept anything the council has blanketed that under fraud now seeing they can just as easy remember who does and doesn't give gifts and treat them accordingly over the year

Sign in to follow this topic