Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

YOUR favourite birthday cake? Rss

Ok while I am on the subject of birthdays (WOOT WOOT..LOL), what is your favourite cake?

I like a chocolate mud cake, but for some reason I bought myself a coffee walnut cake from Woolies for my day today. Not really sure why I did - but mudcake is still my favourite after all!!!
I had a white orange and poppy seed mud cake for a friends birthday once and it was by far the bestest birthday cake i have ever eaten!!!!! Pity I have never been able to find a recipe for it, even Dr Google was no help!!!LOL

EDITED because i was so self asborbed in the cake bit that I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
[Edited on 15/05/2009]

...............BOO...............

I love cheesecake. Mum baked us whatever cake we wanted when we were little and I always chose a baked blueberry cheesecake. Yumm.

Also white chocolate mud cake, I'd love both for my birthday.lol
any cake with butter icing

or the lamingtons in the shape of the number birthday

Oh, I forgot about cheesecake!! I'll have to get one of those for next year...LOL
I'm another 1 for mudcake... marble or plain, both are good!!

DF loves pavlova..
Black forrest cake. Hands down my favourite thing in the world.
i'm still a child... for my 21st last year all i wanted was a freddo frog ice cream cake..lol... my kids enjoyed it as much as i did...my hubby thought i was a bit of a weirdo tho...lol

My all time favourite is the baked cheesecake with the fruit and jelly on top from the Cheesecake Shop.

However, because my DD is allergic to milk and eggs, I do a fabulous vegan chocolate cake that can be made as a slab or cupcakes. And that would be my favourite as a very close second.

Did cupcakes for DD's birthday at playgroup about 2 months ago and so many Mums came up to me and asked if they could have the recipe cos they were so nice. When I told them they were vegan (no eggs, no milk) some of their facial expressions were priceless! haha!

rum and raisin mud cake with lots of rum

*My_2_Monkeys* white orange and poppy seed mud cake. Make a white chocolate mud cake batter add the zest of one orange replace 1/2 the milk with orange and add 2 tbls of poppy seeds and bake as a white chocolate mudcake
I loooooooooooooovvvvvveeeeeeeeeee pavlova but noone has ever given me one for my birthday. Im requesting one this yr and see if i get lucky lol
It has to be Pavloa for me too! I think if they didnt have one at any of my in-laws birthdays I wouldnt go. It is kinda an unwritten rule that everyone has to have one.

Sign in to follow this topic