Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Any foster care parents out there.....

Any foster care parents out there..... Rss

Hi everyone...
Just looking for a bit of 'personal information' on become a foster mum / dad.
I am a single mum of a 2 year old boy. We live in a great apartment in the inner city and for as long as i can remember i have wanted to be a foster mum. I'm not working at the moment and thought that now would be the perfect time to help out the community as i have plent of time on my hands (apart from caring for my beautiful boy).
Anyway i only want to start of with emergency care / respite care for children under 5 years. i have contact DOCs and they are sending me out some info on how it all works.
But i really wanted some insight into 'real' stories....you know, the good and bad.
Would be great to hear from people.
Laura
i had to laugh at this.... i havent been online since about tuesday (except 5 min intervals at a friends house) only cause my floors were getting polished...

but anyway, ask away!

sorry I dont know but keep seeing an ad for it but it says you cannot have any children living at home

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

thats waht I saw too vkw.

[Edited on 22/03/2009]
Here in SA you can have up to 5 children in your home including your own

But they do bend the rules as I have 5 of my own & I can have 1 foster child at a time

My DH and I foster children and we have a 2yo dd. At the moment we are taking a short break from fostering, but would be happy to answer any questions smile
Sign in to follow this topic