Huggies Forum

Opinion of yourself... Lock Rss

Just wondering who has a really low opinion of themselves on here?
And who doesn't?
Do you mean like self esteem and stuff??

I have low self worth.. My problem.. IS that what you mean?
I dont have a low opinion of myself BUT there are some personality traits i have that i am not fond of lol.

Over all i think i am a good person and try to do what i consider to be the right thing by people smile] . I also try my hardest to be the best mother i can be! I love my family more then anything and would move heaven and earth to keep us a happy family.
Yeh self esteem, worth, just how you feel about yourself
I think I try to be a good person, try to be a great mum.. not sure that I always am though..

I dont have any special talents, am not worth looking in the mirror at or anything like that, But I love my family and my kids, I dont believe that you need to love yourself so that others will love you...

how bout you?
i have really low self esteem. I pretty much dislike everything about myself, i am self conscious of my body, and havent been working out of the home for about 5 1/2 years. I feel worthless and i know nothing of the outside world. People think i am a bright bouncy bubbly person, but really i am eworried what people think of me all the time, and that i really have nothing to offer. I also feel like i have lost myself. I would not even know what my likes and dislikes are anymore. I don't dwell on it so much because i would never want my kids to see how that is the way i am because i wantthem to be confident outgoing people who will give life a good go and try and do everyting they get the opportunity to do. But personally, i feel pretty crap.
alwaysawake I'm sure your a wonderful person!

I think its important to have good self esteem but easy not to, I've always been a glass half full type of person and try to look at the good things rather than dwelling on the bad...
OMG Yvette would have to be one of the most caring, sharing people I know... my god!! you are amazing girl.... you are also spunky!!! heheheh

Me, I am a pleaser... I will do anything for anyone, lend a hand or ear. I am hard on myself... I expect 110% from me all the time... or should I say perfection... however I can never be perfect as I keep raising the bar. I hope that makes sense....

Posted by: alwaysawake
i have really low self esteem. I pretty much dislike everything about myself, i am self conscious of my body, and havent been working out of the home for about 5 1/2 years. I feel worthless and i know nothing of the outside world. People think i am a bright bouncy bubbly person, but really i am eworried what people think of me all the time, and that i really have nothing to offer. I also feel like i have lost myself. I would not even know what my likes and dislikes are anymore. I don't dwell on it so much because i would never want my kids to see how that is the way i am because i wantthem to be confident outgoing people who will give life a good go and try and do everyting they get the opportunity to do. But personally, i feel pretty crap.

I feel everything you have written.

But.. When I read your posts you have so much to offer, You are like a super mum and have so much knowledge.
Its strange to read that others feel so much like I do kwim?
Hmm, where to start????

There are many things that i do not like about my self, which inturn causes low self esteem.

* My weight, this has always been an issue...big or small and it really gets me down, even though i go to the gym and have been loosing heaps of weight, i dont think i will ever be happy.

* I do not feel that i am a good enough wife, i always feel that steve could do better, and it is always in the back of my mind.

* I feel that i am a terrible mother, the boys can seriously do my head in and i fear that they will grow up thinking that i am a moody cow, and i dont want that.

* I worry too much about what other think, at times it rules my life, im always trying to keep my parents happy, at 30, i know i dont need to.

* I am always looking for aproval, weather its what i cook, or how clean the house is.

I have low self esteem and these are only a few reasons for this.
I do try to better myself, to in turn help myself get over these feelings......one day
[Edited on 05/10/2008]
Posted by: alwaysawake

Big hugs to you!!
A lot of what you write is the same for me
also forgot to metion - failure is not an option....

I am really truly hard on myself.....

Sign in to follow this topic