Huggies Forum

steralising Rss

jus wondering what age do you stop steralising? like jus wash the bottles and dont worry re steralising..???
my son nearly 10months and i hate steralising hehehehe
I stopped at 6 months with both my girls, now i just use the dishwasher!

I stopped at 12 months, though i probably should of stopped months earlier when DS was picking stuff off the floor & putting it in his mouth lol.

DS1 2006 - DS2 2008

ok cool sweet
thanks heaps i might stop steralising i think hehehe
yay!!
When i had Emma (now 1 year) i did a Breast Feeding Course and they said they no longer endorse Sterilising AT ALL!!!!

I could not believe it! It was ran by the hospital and Lactation Consultant!

Amy

Oh and when Emma was in Special Care i noticed they just washed everything in hot (soapy?) water then sealed them in fridge!!!

oh really.. i thought that was a must for babies.. like esp being clean and steralised and everything. hygene is the word i was thinking of hehehe
oh wow that interesting hey!!
i stil would steralise even knowing you dont have to, jus feeling cleaner and all that.
i thought the hospital would push the issue of steralising like they do breast feeding.
thanks again for that bit of useful info.....
hey, probably a bit late to reply lol.. but i stopped sterilising at around 5 months... we went to bris and it wouldnt fit in the suitcase and i couldnt afford to buy another one... so now we just have 9 bottles and i was them in hot soapy water, rinse them real well and fill them up with bottled water (because even *I* wont drink moranbah water) and then store them in the fridge.. they only last a couple days anyway..the kid loves his botbots... lol
hey, probably a bit late to reply lol.. but i stopped sterilising at around 5 months... we went to bris and it wouldnt fit in the suitcase and i couldnt afford to buy another one... so now we just have 9 bottles and i was them in hot soapy water, rinse them real well and fill them up with bottled water (because even *I* wont drink moranbah water) and then store them in the fridge.. they only last a couple days anyway..the kid loves his botbots... lol
I sterilised everything until my DD was 10 months. When I had my DS 6 years later I was advised by the midwives that sterilising was no longer endorsed so I never sterilised at all. I just used hot soapy water and a hot rinse then air dry.

Well I soppose our boobs aren't sterilized are they

Sign in to follow this topic