Huggies Forum

Pumpkin soup receipes Lock Rss

Its a cold rainy day and i really feel like some nice, rich pumpkin soup but have no idea how to make it. Anyone have any nice receipes they would like to share?

Thanks heaps
Hello smile

I make a really easy pumpkin soup.

All you need to do is chop up a butternut pumpkin, an onion and 4-5 potatoes
Then put them in a soup pot and cover with half chicken stock and half vege stock (Carton liquid stock). I usually just cover the vegetables with the stock plus a bit more (depends how thick you like it).

Bring it to the boil, then simmer until all of the veges are cooked.

Put it into the blender in batches until it's all smooth

Return smooth soup to the stove in the pot and add a dash of cream yum!!

So yummy grin

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

I just use a pumpkin around 2 kg peeled and chopped up, and cook it in 3-5 cups of chicken stock depending if you like it thick or thin, its really healthy but if you like it richer you can add natural yoghurt or sour cream or cream. If you like some spicyness - Thai pumpkin soup is lovely and you saute off a diced onion, red curry paste (depending on how you like it) and then do the same as above to cook the pumpkin (use a butternut for the thai version - the traditional is fine with whatever you normally use although jap is the best/sweetest).
And of course after its cooked for around 20 mins or till soft through - you wizz it up with a stick blender to make smooth and soup-like!!!

enjoy - pumpkin soup is my fave

[img]

1kg pumpkin
4 large potatoes
1 onion
1 litre veggie stock
tsp nutmeg
600mls cream

Cut up all veggies and bring to the boil.
Simmer until veggies are cooked.
Add nutmeg and pepper 2 taste.
Blend in batches
Return to stove and add cream.

Yum!

Also if you feel like something a bit different, roast your pumpkin first in the oven with drizzled oil and garlic.

Even yummier!

Hi,

I cook an onion or 2 in some olive oil, cook until transparent but don't brown the onion, then mix in some chopped pumpkin (sometimes with potatoes, carrots, broc, cauli), then add water to cover the pumpkin. Simmer for about 15 minutes until pumpkin is cooked well (and any other veg), then puree and add salt and pepper. I sometimes add pasta to make it a complete meal. I usually add milk and parmesan cheese but often don't add anything.
I roast the pumpkin (i prefer jap), a few garlic cloves and 2 brown onions (skin on) with a little olive oil and a few sprigs of rosemary. Bake until pumpkin is soft/caremelised, remove skins and throw it all in the food processor along with the rosemary taken of the stem, add mix to a saucepan and add stock till its the consistancy you like (about 2 cups) and cook for a further few minutes. I puree 1 or 2 cans of butter beans or cannelloni beans and add to the soup or keep them whole if i want something more textural. (The beans increase the protein making it a more balanced vegetarian and super GI friendly meal!)

Serve with a spoonful of sour cream, a drizzle of coriander pesto (coriander, lemon juice n zest, olive oil, garlic) and some chilli flakes if you like a bit of heat (i do!) . Yummo!!!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

This is the one that I use.

This recipe is dairy, egg, nut and gluten free! It serves about 6 people, but you can double the recipe or whatever to make more.

Its very easy to make and tastes great! smile

PUMPKIN SOUP
1 large butternut pumpkin
1 onion
3-4 cups of vegetable stock (I use Massel brand)
1 good handful of fresh sage

Roughly chop the onion.
Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds before roughly chopping it into cubes.
Heat a little olive oil in a large saucepan, brown the onion and then add the pumpkin and stock to the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Wash the sage and stir the leaves through the pumpkin. Cover and simmer until the pumpkin is soft.
Rmove from heat. Using a food processor, blend until smooth.
Serve with crusty bread or dinner rolls.

I hate pumpkin and pumpkin soup but I love my mums pumpkin soup its awesome nothing spesh but yumo
1kg pumpkin(queensland blue when in season is best otherwise jap)
4 potatoes
1 onion
2 chicken stock cubes
as much cream as u wish

chop up chunky but not to chunky cover in water bring to boil. when vegies are soft either put into a blender or food processor or if u have a stick mixer use that till smooth salt and pepper to taste add cream as desired serve with crusty bread with butter yumo yumo love it
Best recipe in the world, I'm not kidding:

1x pumpkin (you know, normal sized butternut, whatever)
1x onion
1x apple (Granny Smith, whatever)
1 tsp curry powder (careful on this one, you need to add juuuust the right amount. Maybe half a tsp to start with, then if you need more add it)
--i usually add a bit of garlic

Chuck all of the above (peeled, chopped up) in a saucepan, add in chicken stock just to cover, cook til it's all soft, then whizz it up with a stick-blendy-thingy, serve with salt, pepper, cream & (crusty on the outside, soft on the inside) bread & butter!!!

delish. Seriously. Try it. Now. Add the apple. Do it. Yum. I know you're probably going 'wtf', but it's good. I won't stop until someone says how awesome this is.

Hello smile

I make a really easy pumpkin soup.

All you need to do is chop up a butternut pumpkin, an onion and 4-5 potatoes
Then put them in a soup pot and cover with half chicken stock and half vege stock (Carton liquid stock). I usually just cover the vegetables with the stock plus a bit more (depends how thick you like it).

Bring it to the boil, then simmer until all of the veges are cooked.

Put it into the blender in batches until it's all smooth

Return smooth soup to the stove in the pot and add a dash of cream yum!!

So yummy grin

this is exactly how i make mine! lol we must be onto something hey?

a couple of easy variations are to add milk and chic stock about 50:50 to cover the veg (give an overall creamier soup)

add a bay leaf or 2 (take then our before blending) to that extra savoury flavour or a little freah chopped parsley just before serving

if your after something a bit different use chic stock and coconut milk (unless of corse this comes under DS allergies) and add a 1/2 teaspoon of ceyenne pepper .. a nice thai style soup without too much spice but just enough to warm you up in winter smile
Sign in to follow this topic