Huggies Forum

Mince Recipes Ideas Rss

Hi Ladies,

I'm hoping someone has an idea of what I can make tonight with beef mince. I'm a bit sick of spag bol but can't think of what else to make.

Thanks smile

What about meatloaf. I use this recipe but roll it in puff pastry, there is alway left over meatloaf mix so with more pastry I make parsties triangles the freeze them.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/19682/beef+and+vegetable+meatloaf
Tacos/Nachos/burrito using Chilli Con Carne?

Cottage pie?

Pasta bake?
I like to put mince with baked potatoes, a bit of bacon, cheese and sour cream. Another meal that I do is put mince with bread rolls that I have taken the middle out of and put under the grill. Then top with cheese and yum! There's also sausage rolls and tonight I'm having nachos.
Good luck with your meal planning.
Mince is awesome, i love it!!
Tacos, burritos, chilli con carne, spag bog (is my fav but we have it often as well)Shepherds/meat pie, you could mix it up & put it with some carrots, peas, corn, macaroni noodles, gravy/sherpherds pie type mix & whack it in the oven...have a play around smile
Loving the idea of it with baked potatoes, could use a chilli con carne recipe or similar too going to have to try that one!! THANkS
Two suggestions:

Wun dun flung (dodgy Anglo version). Fast, great for camping, one-pot:
Brown 500g mince in oil or butter. Brown 2 chopped onions, then add 1/4 sliced cabbage, sliced beans, grated carrot if liked, 3 heaped Tab uncooked rice, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 2 C water, 1 packet chicken noodle soup. Simmer 1/2 hour with lid on.

My m-in-law's strange meatloaf:
Mix together 500g mince, 1 tin mushrooms in butter souace, 2 chopped onions and an egg to bind. Make into a giant sausage roll using 102 sheets of thawed puff pastry, glaze with milk and cook in moderate oven.
Wow Ladies so many great ideas. I usually only make spag bol with mince but thanks to you all I now have plenty of ideas.

Thanks all for your help. I bet DP will be very impressed too smile

I want to recommend you a recipe for nachos that I recently came across.

club.cooking/recipe/chicken-nachos/
I think you will like it.

Ingredients
250g / 8 oz tortilla or plain corn chips
250g / 8 oz (2.5 cups) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
Toppings:
Sour cream
cilantro leaves
Jalapeño
sliced or chopped
Sign in to follow this topic