Huggies Forum

Thawing meat Lock Rss

I have some kebab type things in the freezer - meat on wooden skewers essentially. Can you microwave defrost them? I've ever done that just wondering if you can?

And no I'm not really back, but I sort of am tongue
I tend to put the frozen meat in the fridge the night before, it usually thaws by the next day, kebabs will definately be thawed by the next day. or i just sit it in the kitchen sink for a few hours. I find that if i microwave defrost, it starts to cook the edges of whatever it is. (could be the settings?)
Should be ok to. Otherwise seal them up so they are water proof and put them in cold water. Cold water defrosts things quicker than hot or warm water. Works a treat. Hope this helps.... Colonel!
Thanks smile I was more worried about putting wood in the microwave actually. I know meat does the whole cooking on the edge thing (which is horrid) but I wasn't sure how wood reacted to being nuked.

And I did not know that about the cold water. Here's one for you though....fill your ice trays with hot water rather than cold, as hot water freezes quicker smile
dont let it defrost in the sink its a health risk! why does everyone do this? in the microwave or fridge is fine to defrost not in the sink! bacteria grows!!!

dont let it defrost in the sink its a health risk! why does everyone do this? in the microwave or fridge is fine to defrost not in the sink! bacteria grows!!!

So can i microwave the wood? That's the main question smile

So can i microwave the wood? That's the main question smile

Yes. Yes you can. Surely a woman knows these things wink

JK. You could always have KFC for dinner if the microwave blew up?

Oddly enough I have never come across the occasion to need to microwave wood......

And yes, you do make a good point re dinner.

are you saying women belong in the kitchen because if you are this is very sexest and i am offended and i don't ge offended often

are you saying women belong in the kitchen because if you are this is very sexest and i am offended and i don't ge offended often

Yes my opinion (which im allowed to have) is that women belong in the kitchen. It has ALWAYS been a womans job to look after the house and her husband and that includes cooking dinner. Hence the name HOUSEWIFE.

My wife is very happy in the kitchen. It is her womans 'cave' and i am rarely allowed in there. Which suits me down to the ground.

Yes my opinion (which im allowed to have) is that women belong in the kitchen. It has ALWAYS been a womans job to look after the house and her husband and that includes cooking dinner. Hence the name HOUSEWIFE.

My wife is very happy in the kitchen. It is her womans 'cave' and i am rarely allowed in there. Which suits me down to the ground.

your wife must be sooo lucky to have you, and also to let her have free run of the kitchen, is she allowed free run of the check book also

your wife must be sooo lucky to have you, and also to let her have free run of the kitchen, is she allowed free run of the check book also

For your information no she isnt allowed free run of the CHEQUE book grin
Sign in to follow this topic