Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Travelling with your Children
  5. Anyone with 4+ kids, what is your family car??

Anyone with 4+ kids, what is your family car?? Lock Rss

Hi Everyone,
We will be having our 4th child soon. We currently have a Toyota kluger and although it's a 7 seater it is not ideal as when the back seats are up it takes away pretty much all of the boot space:(
We went shopping for a double stroller yesterday and realised that there isn't much we could fit in. If we had a7 seater where the back seats split we could fit more in.
Our car is only 8 months old and was bought brand new just before we discovered we were pregnant again!!! If we were to sell and buy something else I'd like to be sure we buy the best car for a large family.
Any suggestions??? Also all our kids are under 5 and need to be in carseats.
Jess.

Jess, mum of 3

Hi congrats on bub #4...we too are expecting #4 in november and our oldest is just turned 5. We have a station wagon and are planning on getting one seat put in the bach, so that way we still have boot space, not sure if that helps you, but thats what were gonna do. All the best smile
I have 4 little angels and another on the way. We have a van atm and are shopping for a 4wd/awd. So far I have found that the territories are too small for prams ect and the seats in the back have no leg room. We have decided on a landcruiser or pajero (as pricey as they are) because they are large in the back and enough room for car seats.

Other wise the alternative is a van and the best one I have found room wise is the Honda Odyssey.

Congratulations, good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of big families.
We don't have one (yet) but the Holden Captiva looks good and comes in a 5 or 7 seater.

http://www.holden.com.au/latestoffers/captiva-offers?region=national&gclid=CLXrlv39maMCFQQcewodDBx-ng

We don't have one (yet) but the Holden Captiva looks good and comes in a 5 or 7 seater.

http://www.holden.com.au/latestoffers/captiva-offers?region=national&gclid=CLXrlv39maMCFQQcewodDBx-ng

unfortunatly the territory, captiva, Subaru tribeca, and even toyota prado are no better then our kluger. The Mazda cx9 seems a little better as it has the split seat and is a longer car. I guess there's always the tarago but they are very expensive for what the are!!! Land cruiser/ pajero too big and very expensive. We really wouldn't want to spend more then $65,000 as bought our car brand new less then a year ago!
Ohh it's gonna be souch fun trying to get the car packed for a holliday!!
Jess.

Jess, mum of 3

unfortunatly the territory, captiva, Subaru tribeca, and even toyota prado are no better then our kluger. The Mazda cx9 seems a little better as it has the split seat and is a longer car. I guess there's always the tarago but they are very expensive for what the are!!! Land cruiser/ pajero too big and very expensive. We really wouldn't want to spend more then $65,000 as bought our car brand new less then a year ago!
Ohh it's gonna be souch fun trying to get the car packed for a holliday!!
Jess.

Yep, holidays are hell. im hiring a car to travel tassie in november because it is much easier than trying to fit everything into our surrent car.

Good luck with your search.

unfortunatly the territory, captiva, Subaru tribeca, and even toyota prado are no better then our kluger.

Oh, sorry. But thanks for letting me know. I'll have to let DH know too.
We've just ordered the new Toyota Kluger, which is due for release in a couple of weeks - this version has a back seat that splits to allow more flexibility in the back. Price point about a thousands or two more than the current Grande version.
We have a pajero,I love the Mazda cx9 but DH wants a 4wd.How about a Kia Carnival?Im not too sure on the price but.
I'm looking at the Mazda MPV for our car.. We currently have a Carens but that's got pretty much no room whatsoever.
I compared reviews on pretty much all 7 seaters and it looks like pretty much all of them have problems with space except the MPV..
A review on here has all 7 seats occupied and say they can fit their pram in as well as groceries without any problems. The only con I have seen is fuel consumption. Though I imagine that to be a problem with any large car..
GL with whatever you choose and congrats on the pregnancy! <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

Hi Everyone,
We will be having our 4th child soon. We currently have a Toyota kluger and although it's a 7 seater it is not ideal as when the back seats are up it takes away pretty much all of the boot space:(
We went shopping for a double stroller yesterday and realised that there isn't much we could fit in. If we had a7 seater where the back seats split we could fit more in.
Our car is only 8 months old and was bought brand new just before we discovered we were pregnant again!!! If we were to sell and buy something else I'd like to be sure we buy the best car for a large family.
Any suggestions??? Also all our kids are under 5 and need to be in carseats.
Jess.

Hi,

We recently went through this and I did a lot of research!! We ended up finding a really great second hand Nissan Pathfinder 2007 model which is a 7 seater. 3rd row seats are split and plenty of leg room. My teenager sits on one side of the 3rd row and my toddler and baby are in the 2nd row - still plenty of room for my double pram smile Most of the 7 seater SUVs have no leg room in the 3rd row and really not suitable and hard to get kids in and out. Good Luck!!
Kia Carnival was the only people mover that could fit all our children in (5 under 5 all in car seats)and with 4 Radian's and a Monterey now we can fit a friend in as well. The middle row has 2 seats in it one is folded forward permanently and we have 3 seats in the back row. The boot could fit lots in it. They are big but nice to drive and have all mod cons like leather seats, 3 way air con, and 5 tether points for carseats which is a bonus.
Sign in to follow this topic