Huggies Forum

my nan craps me off. Rss

I love my nan, im thankful I have her but holy moly does she crap me off.

Firstly, she stuffs dd with chips and chocolate. Then she tells me off for putting 2 minute noodles (just the noodles not the flavour) in my chicken soup for dd.

Her newest insult?

"You've been so lucky with dd. Shes such good kid and rarely gets sick"

FFS!! No! Its not luck, its parenting!
I know that some kids are little terrors who make life almost unbearable and its just their nature not parenting. I know some kids are laid back and take little effort to discipline.dd is somewhere in the middle.
But when nan is surprised that dd will pick up things when asked, tell me what she wants, walk over and sit in timeout when told, eats fruit and vege happily and helps me thats not me getting lucky. Thats me spending nearly two years putting all my effort into her.

I have gone through nine months with dd having awful, TERRIBLE, heart wrenching sleep problems. I've gone through head banging and hitting. I've had her pulling her hair out (not that there is much) and I've had her screaming blue murder because I dared leave the room to use the toilet. I THINK I PAID MY FREAKING DUES!

I feel like saying "hey nan, how about telling me I've done a good job raising her rather than telling me its all down to luck!"

And while im on the topic how about this?
Dad - "god you make things hard for yourself"
WTF does that even mean?

Frigged family! Dont ya just wish you could pick your family sometimes?

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Well really ask yourself, Two minute noddles in the soup "Next time make it by hand" wink
subzero wrote:
Well really ask yourself, Two minute noddles in the soup "Next time make it by hand" wink

I know! How lazy am I??

Nice to hear from you sub!!

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I know what you mean- she could be a totally different child with a different parent or circumstances! I feel like when people say it too! I'm thinking "hmm I've put 24/7 into this little person! Day in, day out- teaching, showing, helping, discipline and I'm lucky?!" we are all lucky to have our precious babies but it takes work to show manners or behaviors so they will copy smile

I'm getting a bit cranky lately, feels like I'm never doing the right thing! Someone always says "oh she's too hot/cold" no matter how I dress her lol and whenever little man cries I'm sick of people guessing what it is "oh he's got wind, he's Timmy's hurting blah blah" how about he just wants a cuddle of mum?? Why do they have be dramatic and when he posits they say "oh he has reflux" or if dd if being a ratbag "is she teething?!" lol

Prob sounds so dumb now I've written it but this is not about me so back to you lol

Keep up the great work Noddy wink

Thanks Tallulah.

I know what you mean about the hot/cold thing. Today I walked into nans house and it was freezing! I asked her why and she said it was hard to warm it up because of those old vent things in the roof. Five minutes later she says "dd is so cold why haven't you put more clothes on her? I think she needs more" I told her dd had a singlet, long sleeve top and jumper on. What else can I put on her?

I think we need a way to police these people. Lol. Like as soon as someone makes those comments a siren goes off and a big troop of army dudes come out of nowhere and tackle the person to the ground! Haha!! That would rock. XD

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

~NoDdY~ wrote:
I love my nan, im thankful I have her but holy moly does she crap me off.

Firstly, she stuffs dd with chips and chocolate. Then she tells me off for putting 2 minute noodles (just the noodles not the flavour) in my chicken soup for dd.

Her newest insult?

"You've been so lucky with dd. Shes such good kid and rarely gets sick"

FFS!! No! Its not luck, its parenting!
I know that some kids are little terrors who make life almost unbearable and its just their nature not parenting. I know some kids are laid back and take little effort to discipline.dd is somewhere in the middle.
But when nan is surprised that dd will pick up things when asked, tell me what she wants, walk over and sit in timeout when told, eats fruit and vege happily and helps me thats not me getting lucky. Thats me spending nearly two years putting all my effort into her.

I have gone through nine months with dd having awful, TERRIBLE, heart wrenching sleep problems. I've gone through head banging and hitting. I've had her pulling her hair out (not that there is much) and I've had her screaming blue murder because I dared leave the room to use the toilet. I THINK I PAID MY FREAKING DUES!

I feel like saying "hey nan, how about telling me I've done a good job raising her rather than telling me its all down to luck!"

And while im on the topic how about this?
Dad - "god you make things hard for yourself"
WTF does that even mean?

Frigged family! Dont ya just wish you could pick your family sometimes?

I totally get what you mean! My babies a good lil boy and people say 'oh hes such a cruisy baby', yeah he is! And why do u think that is!! Its not all down to him, give me some credit too! I have spent every waking minute with him since he was born! Maybe its down to the fact that IM a cruisy mum.. totally relaxed,calm, rational, never get mad or worked up, just chill.. wink jeez... i am defnitly lucky though..
HappyHead wrote:
I dunno, I wouldnt take that comment as an insult. Look at it another way, arent you so lucky to have your DD and isnt she a good kid that rarely gets sick - maybe she meant it that way, not as an insult and slight against your parenting skills.

You seem to have a major case of the rage going on lately.

True.
Good point, ill take it on board.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Old people say stupid stuff. Then then get worse as they get older. I work with them. It is hard when it's your own family though eh...
Pregnancy does make us short tempered too.
SLC:) wrote:
Old people say stupid stuff. Then then get worse as they get older. I work with them. It is hard when it's your own family though eh...
Pregnancy does make us short tempered too.

I guess I also interperated it that way because she says it when dd does things I've taught her. Like says please and thank you or puts her toys away. Like the other day when she came in from outside and said to me "apple please?" And my nan says "what a good girl, you're so lucky with her" she probably says it in a good way but I take it wrong.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Sign in to follow this topic