Huggies Forum

A Question..... Rss

If you are the one that stays at home and looks after the children and the household whilst your partner is the $ earner.....does your partner have specific jobs or tasks that they do with regards to the kiddies? I mean, does Daddy do bathtime or the evening bottle or pack luches for school? or is all the duty of the parent at home?
Yip! DF has to wash n dry the dishes on weekdays, so when I go back to work he is already used to helping. But in regards to DS, he does the bath, bottle, bed and has to pack up the toys in DS's bedroom. It means when he gets home at 5.30ish he has tea then doesn't get to sit down til DS is in bed at 7.15ish, then he has to do dishes too. BUT DF also works late 2+ nights a week so that time with DS is important. And when DF is doing all of the above, I use that time to do other household tasks.

Nope. We hardly ever see DH, he's at work 7 days a week. He doesn't even have time to make his own work lunches and dinners!
when i was home with DD my DH was home everynight but worked 6 days a week, so i had no expectation of him having to do too much, he would help where he could...cooking dinner and help with general tidy up.

but i did all the 'housework' by choice....i figured he worked HARD all day, the least i could do was take good care of DD and keep a reasonably clean house.

With our new baby who is due in just over a month..DH will be home the 1st 3 weeks....and I will be expecting him to help ALOT...he will be helping heaps with our 3year old DD, assisting with cooking and cleaning.
once he returns to work...i will be taking the housework on again! He will help when he can but he will be doing alot of overtime to assist with the family money....and he works away alot.

I figure if I am a stay at home mum...it doesn't kill me to do an hour of housework a day...the house stays clean then smile

Bath time has always been Daddy's job. He decided from the time DD1 was born that this was his bonding time as I was breast feeding and he couldn't help with that and newborns don't do much apart from eat and sleep. I've held him to it!

When he works he comes home, plays with the kids while cleaning up the toy room and anything else that needs tidying. Meanwhile I cook dinner.

If it's not too late, he will then take them outside and play unless I need help with dinner.

We then have dinner and he baths the kids and outs them to bed.

On the weekends he mops the floors and does most the other manly jobs around the house/yard. Apart from things like changing tap washers etc. Those fix-it jobs are usually mine as he has NFI.

when i was home with DD my DH was home everynight but worked 6 days a week, so i had no expectation of him having to do too much, he would help where he could...cooking dinner and help with general tidy up.

but i did all the 'housework' by choice....i figured he worked HARD all day, the least i could do was take good care of DD and keep a reasonably clean house.

With our new baby who is due in just over a month..DH will be home the 1st 3 weeks....and I will be expecting him to help ALOT...he will be helping heaps with our 3year old DD, assisting with cooking and cleaning.
once he returns to work...i will be taking the housework on again! He will help when he can but he will be doing alot of overtime to assist with the family money....and he works away alot.

I figure if I am a stay at home mum...it doesn't kill me to do an hour of housework a day...the house stays clean then smile

Same smile no set jobs here for DH - call me old fashioned but I look after the man that looks after our family tongue in saying that, he does not expect it, if the house is a mess or something doesn't get done he never questions it!

If he made me feel like a slave maybe I would start to draw a line but I know if I'm busy, sick, tired, stressed he will help without being asked- I think that's why I don't give him set tasks but if he wasn't who he was maybe I would!

He spends alot of quality time with dd so he doesn't have set tasks with her because they are always doing something together when he is home.

DP has no specific stuff he does at home. He likes to do the lawn of course but so do I. He just loves to spend time as a family. Sometimes we take it in turns to take DD to swimming lessons but usually we go together.
DD always has a shower with him but I am there to help. He will amuse her if I am cooking but he cooks sometimes too. He does the evening routine if I go out (which isn't often). He in no way expects things spotless and up until DD was 12 months old he even did the groceries with us too.
DH does the dishes, if i cook. If he cooks (occasionally) i do them. If he's home he baths DD, i'm finding it hard to bend down to the bath.
No I wish, I feel bad because he works 6 days a week starting at 7am or 8am and finishng at 6:45pm. The only thing I wont do is mow the lawn that is his job. He never baths our girl sometimes he might feed her lunch or dinner or change her bum but thats only if I ask him too. He is really tired on his day or days off sad
Oh sometimes he cooks dinner but I have all the vegies cut and peeled so all he has to do is cook the meat....
Im quite shocked to read these.... am totally taken back with how much other peoples DPs do ontop of work. WOW!

Im quite shocked to read these.... am totally taken back with how much other peoples DPs do ontop of work. WOW!

Me too! And I'm a bit jealous that all those DP's have time to actually do it. If my DH gets any time off work, then it's straight to band practice (which for him is kinda work too) so I get excited about seeing him because of his roster, then he tells me he's doing something else sad
Sign in to follow this topic