Huggies Forum

feeling so alone Lock Rss

does anyone else have a partner who is never home
??

my other half leaves for worat 7am.. and doesnt walk in teh door until 7pm. then he heads off to the gym, on saturdays he works half the day, then has soccer. and he walks in the door, again, right on dinner time. Sunday he tends to want to vege out and do nothing..

im sick to death of being on my own with the kids all the time. i may as well be on my own.. my 11 month old is a difficult baby, doesnt sleep well at night, and cries all day. and my 3 and a half year old is horrible, he bullies his younger brother, so im forever yelling all day long, to get himt o leave him alone, and charlie, the little one, cries all day long too.. i just dont know wha tto do anymore.
he says to me "well fine, u getu p and work all day , and ill stay home" as though what i do is nothing..
im also starting to study from home too.. so i am doing something.. but it seems as though he wont help me overnight, unless im working..
im also sick too. being diagnosed with vertigo, so im often dizzy, shakey, tired, nauseas..

does anyone else have a partner who is never home
??

my other half leaves for worat 7am.. and doesnt walk in teh door until 7pm. then he heads off to the gym, on saturdays he works half the day, then has soccer. and he walks in the door, again, right on dinner time. Sunday he tends to want to vege out and do nothing..

im sick to death of being on my own with the kids all the time. i may as well be on my own.. my 11 month old is a difficult baby, doesnt sleep well at night, and cries all day. and my 3 and a half year old is horrible, he bullies his younger brother, so im forever yelling all day long, to get himt o leave him alone, and charlie, the little one, cries all day long too.. i just dont know wha tto do anymore.
he says to me "well fine, u getu p and work all day , and ill stay home" as though what i do is nothing..
im also starting to study from home too.. so i am doing something.. but it seems as though he wont help me overnight, unless im working..
im also sick too. being diagnosed with vertigo, so im often dizzy, shakey, tired, nauseas..

Remind him that you do work all day, and all night! You just dont get paid for it. Head out on a Sunday and let him look after the kids for the day (make him start Saturday night so he gets a nighttime duty in there too) just so he can see what you are dealing with! (if you really want to make a point, sneak the kids some red cordial before you go too!!) I think sometimes Dads dont realise what happens all day while they are out. My DH said to me the other day, after I got him to spend most of the day looking after DS2, one of the crankiest babies in the world smile, .. how do you do this all day?? .. I think it gave him a new respect and view as to what I have to put up with all day, and he didnt even have to look after DS1 at the same time!!
excellent idea. thought ive done it before.. abnd he cant handle it.. Joshua, my oldest son, isnt his.. and josh doesnt see his father.. so josh is very put out by all of this. all through the pregnancy we never saw ryan.. so josh didnt understand what was happening.. and now this new babies come along, who ryan cuddles,and whose family pay more attention to charlie then to josh.. this is where the bad behaviour comes from..

So josh refuses to have ryan do anything for or with him. he doesnt like ryan much.. and doesnt understand that ryan even lives with us as hes barely home..
Blended families are a very difficult area and can be very stressful too. It wouldnt be fair to leave your eldest with your DP since they do not get along.I think altogether you need to go to some sort of counselling, as a family and as a couple. He needs to realize that what he's doing is unreasonable but he needs to hear it from someone other than you, he will also need some steps and stratigies implemented so both of you can come to an arrangement with his extracurricular activities.
Good Luck

Blended families are a very difficult area and can be very stressful too. It wouldnt be fair to leave your eldest with your DP since they do not get along.I think altogether you need to go to some sort of counselling, as a family and as a couple. He needs to realize that what he's doing is unreasonable but he needs to hear it from someone other than you, he will also need some steps and stratigies implemented so both of you can come to an arrangement with his extracurricular activities.
Good Luck

weve done that.. once.. he works so much hes not got time to come to a councillor.. and when we did go, *As id seen the councillor before he came* he sat there and said, im happy to work through whatever issues she has. as though hes not dong anything. so its an endless battle.
Sign in to follow this topic