Huggies Forum

DD2's birthday cake *new pictures added* Lock Rss

It's DD2's birthday on the weekend so I've spent the last week making fondant toppers for on top of her cake. Pretty happy with how they've turned out, although I have a horrible feeling that they're not all going to fit on the cake!

ETA: - photo of the actual cake (also added in a new post further down).

Leisa.
They look so good! I hope she has a great birthday smile
Wow they look great, you are very talented. Happy 1st Birthday to your dd2 smile

Great job leisah and happy birthday to dd2 smile

They look incredible! You've done a fantastic job!
Wow Leisa!!! They look amazing!!!

Happy 1st birthday to little abby! 1 already?!! Can't believe it!
Thanks everyone. I've been making fondant covered cakes for a few years but was inspired by a member on here who made fondant characters for a Dinosaur Train cake a while ago so decided to have a go at them myself. We called her "Lumpy" when I was pregnant with her so went with a Winnie the Pooh theme for her party. It's why Lumpy has a party hat and will be 'blowing out' the candle on the little fondant cake, at least that's my current plan smile

Leisa.
cool! can I ask how long it takes to make these? I love decorating cakes but haven't really gotten into the fondant side of things that much yet? Hope you all have a great birthday.
mum2all wrote:
cool! can I ask how long it takes to make these? I love decorating cakes but haven't really gotten into the fondant side of things that much yet? Hope you all have a great birthday.

I think each one took me about an hour to an hour and a half to make depending on how detailed the character was/how many times I redid a part because it wasn't 'right' BUT that time included making the fondant from scratch (homemade marshmallow fondant), colouring it, making the figure etc so not really that much time in the grand scheme of things. I liked the idea because I could make them in advance (I've been doing one a night once the kids were in bed for basically the last week) and just store them rather than spending 5hrs decorating the cake on the day since finding large blocks of time to myself with 3 kids has become problematic to say the least tongue .

Leisa.
They look amazing!! You did a great job.

Snap! My sons birthday is on Monday but his party is sunday and ive been trying my hand at fondant. I made a fireman san and a Dalmatian puppy. So excited to make the cake tomorrow and excited to see how it tirns out.

Your little fondant pooh characters are awesome i hope with some practise ill be able to improve.thanks for sharing your pic gives me something to aspire to smile

We are told to forgive and forget, but if we forget what we forgave then isn't forgiveness pointless?

Well done, they look great!

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Sign in to follow this topic