Huggies Forum

Ideas for 12yr old girl B-day gift Rss

DPs DD1 is 12 next week and we have no idea what to get her.

I asked her what she wanted and her response was either an IPhone, a puppy or a pony. All of which are above our $50 limit. We dont want to give her money cos she will only spend it on lolls and we'd rather get her something to keep.

I am not really sure what she's in to as we don't spend a lot of time with her. (maybe once a month if we are lucky)

Any ideas/suggestions would be great smile
How about a magazine subscription so that each month she things of you when it arrives, also a photo book of your visit's together and from when she was a baby? Doesnt need to be an actual book as these can get quite pricey buy you could get an album from the $2 shop and do prints of photo's I think Big W have 10c prints atm. My nieces love this sort of stuff smile
i got my dd11 a handbag and wallet with lip loss and a note book she loved it

i got my dd11 a handbag and wallet with lip loss and a note book she loved it

That might work.

She has a mobile and an iPod but leaves them at home most times because they don't fit in her pockets. So a bag would be good. And maybe a wallet with a few dollars in it. And maybe not a note book but something in the same category that she could use next year at high school.

DP thinks we will just give her some spending money for her holiday at the end of the year, but I wanted to get her an actual present because I like actually giving people presents as well as money.

Thanks for the idea smile

Still thinking though. Got plenty of time as we probably won't see her for 2 weeks (again if we are lucky and her mother is t being spiteful)
My SD turned 12 in Febuary, what i can remember we bought dor xmas and bday are below. She does live with us tho so i know her sizes and likes.

Clothes, hair straighnter, handbag and wallet, shoes, hair accesories, cd player cds, justin beiber poster, books, jewellery - i bought it from diva all reduced for less than $25 i got her a necklace and earring set, bracelet, another necklace and 2 pairs earrings and they're quite nice, she's not allowed makeup so instead got lipgloss & nail polish moisturiser, bead craft thing, scooter, sunglasses... Hope that helps its not an easy age to buy for..!
gotta love that 'diva' jewelry its cheap as and is normally following the trends at the time.
at that age i wasnt like most teens lol id get things like paints, derwent pencils, a new eisel, a subscription to national geographic mag or incense and tibetan preyer flags lol not a good example wink
BUT my neices loved getting perfumes at that age anything with a sweet fragrance, grown up but not too grown up smile and these days its easy to get a really good brand for under $50
GLWCHW wrote:
How about a magazine subscription so that each month she things of you when it arrives, also a photo book of your visit's together and from when she was a baby? Doesnt need to be an actual book as these can get quite pricey buy you could get an album from the $2 shop and do prints of photo's I think Big W have 10c prints atm. My nieces love this sort of stuff smile
Personally i buy wooden puzzles for my boy. he is ten and got a good collection of 3d models. I buy them from http://www.woodencity.com.au or http://www.ebay.com. the assembling process is absorbing and it develops motion and assuidity in children. Good idea to spend time together.
you can also try to give a new dress in their favorite color to her with a handbag or wallet. maybe it would works..

www.creativegarden.nz
www.creativegarden.nz/about-us
www.creativegarden.nz/locate-a-centre

What about an adventure trip to LA. Try escape games room, read about it here https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-quest-factory-esca... . I suggest to try "Queen Anne's Revenge" room. Your kid will love it. Honestly I am a fan of escape games:)
I took my 12 yo niece on a fishing trip which was a good memory for both of us.
Currently I’m also planning my daughter’s birthday party (she's 12 yo). I’ve booked Alexandra Park venue https://www.alexandrapark.co.nz/venue-hire/even... near Auckland, NZ and want to organize kids party there. Their staff will help us with organization. I want to make smth special for my girl. As a gifts I chose new game for xbox, she likes video games and new laptop. Hope she will like my presents.
Sign in to follow this topic