Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Different sizeing Lock Rss

i am so sick of getting clothes sent to me for DS from interstate rello's that are the wrong size even tho they say a size 1. Honestly is size 1 one of those sizes that are all over the place?
unless im there inspecting the pants size (especially) they are all mostly a big 0 and to small for a 1. grrrrrrr!!! its just a waste of money! i haven't really found this in any other sizes, except bonds brand which everyone should know they are a size behind themselves.

do any other mothers experience this?
Yes, ALL the time! It drives me batty. I have a 3yr old DD whose wardrobe currently varies from size 3-6!! In underwear, she wears either 2-3 (some she outgrew before even getting to use as they were tiny) or a 4-6 (some are far tooo big, others just right) OR with the special tinkerbell undies, a 6-8, which are tight on her. I just do not get it. How can it be that hard to make all the same sizes the same size??? It is really frustrating.
I don't think it ever gets better. My 9 year olds wardrobe consists of sizes from 7 through to 12. My 5 year olds wardrobe consists of size 4 through to 7. Hey, my own wardrobe even consists of size 10 through to 14! Different brands have different sizing. Actually wait, come to think of it hubbies clothes are pretty consistantly sized... what's with that?
I agree, very frustrating. My 4 1/2 year old is currently wearing tops mostly size 5 or 6, but then yesterday my mum bought her a size 3 and it fit perfectly! My family knows to give items of clothing from stores such as Target, Kmart and Big W so I can exchange them if need be.

My 7 month old is currently wearing size 000, 000, and 0!!
I was packing my hospital bag the other day and had all the cute little suits I've bought laid out on the bed. My two favourites were a size 00000 and a size 000. Guess which one was bigger!
Sorry ladies, it all depends on the brand and their size models. I currently sell kids clothes handmade online and I use a size chart as a reference, if the customer isn't sure I can make the clothes they're after in half sizes. Women's clothes are the same unfortunately. There are certain brands which will be LABELED size 8 when it's really a 12 to make you psychologically thin! Therefore buy the size 8 jeans because it's just made you THINK you were a size 8 instead of 12!

http://kidsclotheshandmade.com

Sorry ladies, it all depends on the brand and their size models. I currently sell kids clothes handmade online and I use a size chart as a reference, if the customer isn't sure I can make the clothes they're after in half sizes. Women's clothes are the same unfortunately. There are certain brands which will be LABELED size 8 when it's really a 12 to make you psychologically thin! Therefore buy the size 8 jeans because it's just made you THINK you were a size 8 instead of 12!

http://kidsclotheshandmade.com

Well that answers my question about why hubbies clothes are the only consistently sized ones, true he doesn't really care what the label says. I've noticed it's my more expensive clothes that will be a 12 or 14. If I shop at say, kmart, I'm a ten! Hmmm
[quote name='chanstar' date='20 April 2011 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1303305552' post='2972691'] i am so sick of getting clothes sent to me for DS from interstate rello's that are the wrong size even tho they say a size 1. Honestly is size 1 one of those sizes that are all over the place? unless im there inspecting the pants size (especially) they are all mostly a big 0 and to small for a 1. grrrrrrr!!! its just a waste of money! i haven't really found this in any other sizes, except bonds brand which everyone should know they are a size behind themselves. do any other mothers experience this? [/quote] Yes, you are right different sizes for different clothing. This is one of the main reasons I started my own clothing range. Also I could never find any nice clothing for my little boy. I import fabrics from Europe, America and Japan and manufacture Boys Clothing in Brisbane sizes 00 to 5. Mainly shorts and Bucket Hats. So if you are after good quality durable Boys Clothing visit us at [url="www.ummashugs.com.au"][size="4"][b]www.mummashugs.com.au[/b][/size][/url]
Yep, I'ld like to know why Bonds seems to be 1 sometimes even 2 sizes behind everyone else.
very much one of my pet peeves!!

i went shopping for DD's winter wardrob she is a size 3 bum, and i went to did a few shops, including big w for her daycare clothes.....was pretty annoyed when i brough size 3 legging/trackies and went i put them on her, they fell to the floor....i don't think they will fit till she is 14!!! bloody ridiculous!!! yet another pair i brough from big w are fine??? wtf?

My 15 month old is wearing Pumpkin Patch clothes sized 0-3 months to 5 years. So uh...
its very frustrating, at least we can try clothes on before we buy. kids can't. I have dymples 000 tops that are bigger than a target 1.
I've found the actual target branded clothes to be similer sized to bonds. And big w stuff to be bigger than say best and less stuff. except for best and less singlets. they are huge. I dont like places like pumkin patch that say 0-3 ect. thats rubbish one 3 moth old can be much bigger or smaleer than the next. my 4month old still isn't fitting into 0-3 months clothing properly. and bonds legging that say 3-12 months are your serious? thats a big difference.

i'm glad i'm not the only one who finds it very frustrating
Sign in to follow this topic