Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Sleeping Bags Rss

Hi,
my son is 18mo and like many others refuses to keep a blanket on. He has his blanket during his sleeps but it's coming up to cooler weather and I'm not sure if I should put him in a sleeping bag once it gets cold?
He went in a sleeping bag last winter and was fine when I took it away.
Just not sure if it's a step in the wrong direction?
I have a 20 mth old daughter and 3 older children. I have done a mixture of sleeping bedding for each of them. But at the moment am faced with a little girl who can and does undo the zip of sleeping bag. So I'm going with plan b which is to increase her layers both under and over her pjs. On super cold nights I put her in a normal singlet, the a long sleeve singlet (I have some from target that are 30%wool), then a towelling bonds suit, later when I go to bed I add a knitted vest/long sleeve jumper while she stays asleep. With my firstborn at similar age I used to dress her in 2 bonds suits as we lived in darwin but she was below an aircon vent. You could put socks over the top of feet or hands if bub gets cold hands or feet. I have also placed a warm beanie on bub once asleep as all 4 of my bubs have been fairly bald till 18 months. Also flannelette sheets can add warmth and even a woolen blanket/lambskin under the fitted cot sheet can add warmth.
Hope this helps.
I don't think it'd be a step in the wrong direction. They eventually learn to keep blankets on. Another option that I have used is a polar fleece sleep suit over their pyjamas. These worked well for both my boys.

Thank you for your replies!
I also put him in the target long sleeve singlets, bonds terry towel wonder suits plus the bonds leggings plus Jersey cotton sheets with a mink blanket under.. I just found he was still so cold.

I'll give the sleeping bag a go but I now the cheeky little lamb will open it smile
MammaMandy wrote:
Thank you for your replies!
I also put him in the target long sleeve singlets, bonds terry towel wonder suits plus the bonds leggings plus Jersey cotton sheets with a mink blanket under.. I just found he was still so cold.

I'll give the sleeping bag a go but I now the cheeky little lamb will open it smile

You can always put it on backwards smile

Sign in to follow this topic