Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. Living in brisbane, needing babysitter...

Living in brisbane, needing babysitter... Lock Rss

Hey girls,

I have just moved to the northern of Brisbane and my husband and i have decided we would like to start hiring a babysitter once every month for a few hours on a weekend night so we can have a date night smile
i have looked around on the web but i seem to only have found agencys that require joining fee ect.
Is this what other mothers have joined to find a skilled babysitter or??

i just dont know where to start smile

what would i expect to pay per hour approx to?

Any help would be very much appreciated smile

Thanks girls and big hugs to all of you smile xo
Have u got any teenage neighbours who may be looking for extra money that you could give a trial too?
Do your children go to a kindy, a lot of the younger staff are always looking for extra money?
Any work colleagues have teenage children who might want some work ?

Just trying to give you some ideas, a friend of mine was desperate and put a poster in the local community centre notice board asking for a mature lady, she figured she would vet the people and obviously get references and she ended up with a retired nurse who she still uses 2 years later????
Hey there smile

ummm i live around a bunch of retires, i haven't got a job and my son is not in daycare as yet, but thank you smile

I do like your friends idea for notices up on a community board tho, might have alook around the local to see if they have one.

What a great lot of suggestions, thank you again smile

If anyone reads this and lives in Brisbane that knows of a babysitter that i could hire once a month for a few hours on a weekend night, please PM me to smile

cheers girls xo
Sign in to follow this topic