Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Pasta suggestions Rss

My 2 year old daughter loves rice and pasta. I would love some ideas on what I could put in her pasta. She loves basil (tube of basil you buy at the supermarket in the vegie section) but she seems to have gone off it. I have now gone to tomato paste and she seems to be enjoying that. We have been through the spag bog stage.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Tanya

My daughter is 19 months and is the same loves her pasta and rice, DD loves fettochini (sp) carbonara... Its just eggs, cream, cheese as the sauce Then you just add the onion and bacon pieces and garlic... It can be made as a family meal we love it in your house!

There is also tuna bake... Which is just pasta, tuna, corn and the sauce... Will have to ask my MIL for the reciepe for the sauce cause i cant remember sorry ( if you want it let me know)

pasta with cheese... just melt cheese into the pasta...

You can even buy those packet pastas from the supermarket... DD adores them she will eat almost all the flavours and they are quick and easy to make!

Hope to have helped

Risotto is a winner and Nooey's suggestion of the pasta bakes are always popular in our house.
Home made macaroni and cheese is also a Fav!!

Danielle

Hi Danielle,
Do you have a recipe for home made Mac and cheese?
Thanks,Pauline

all those suggestions are great i reckon! just wanted to add that i use the packet continental side dishes which are pasta - like alfredo etc and add mixed frozen vegies to it and or chicken breast. its quick and easy
kate:)

Heidi 3 years & Annika 4 days

Hi,

I make meatballs and serve them up with the pasta, sauce and grated cheese on the top. Always seems to go down well.

We have also made minestrone soups, vegetable, chicken and corn soup with rice/pasta in it also. The less water you put you can turn it into a stew.

hope this helps.
We have been using the pasta packets that you can now get with wholemeal pasta (dd and I share a creamy sundried tomato one for lunch). They are great for taking with you stick them in a food flask take a couple of spoons and you are good to go!!

Also, a little while ago i found some teddy bear shaped pasta. just a novelty i guess, but might provide some variety on the pasta side.

WA - gorgeous little girl

Hi

What about Cheesy Macaroni
Microwave recipe -
3 cups water
1 1/2 mac noodles
1/2 Cheese Sauce
1/2 grated cheese
Water in microwave bowl and bring to boil on high for 3 mins. Ass macaroni noodles, stir and cook on high for 8-9 mins until soft. Drain. Add cheese sauce and cheese and stir well.
Reheat on medium for 1 min.

Cheese sauce - so easy - you'll be suprised
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup grated cheese
2 teaspoons of cornflour
heat milk on microwave on high for 1 min. Toss cheese in cornflour, add to milk and stir until cheese is melted. Microwave on medium for 1 min, stirring regularly.

It is that easy.

Hope this helps.

Trudy - Mum to Eva 14mths and mae - 12 days
I often add Szechuan sauce to pasta, rice.
How To Make Szechuan Sauce
You can see what you need for it.

5 large garlic cloves
1.5 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and minced
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar.
2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
2 Tablespoons asian chili-garlic sauce, or any hot sauce like sriracha
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup chicken broth low sodium
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
Optional:
Red pepper or sesame seeds for garnishing