Hi,

I am old member rejoining the land of Huggies.

Does anyone have a child who stutters and are they doing any kind of speech therapy to help?

DS will be 4 in 2 weeks time and has been stuttering since 2.5 years old. We had him in private therapy earlier this year but stopped (after advice from the Childrens Hospital SLP) because he wasn't really benefiting from the sessions. Since August we have been in the Childrens Hospital Lidcombe Program and all was going really well until about 2 weeks ago and he seems to be stuttering more than when we first started.

He started as a 7 on the severity scale and on his best week was down to mainly 5's and even a 4 one day but the week after he was back up to 7's and this week he has been rating 8's, today could quite easily have been 9. We are pretty much back to square one in the therapy and at home lessons and I am at a loss as to what has happened.

It breaks my heart hearing him try to force out his words and watching his little face contort with the effort.

I would love any advice, feedback or would just be appreciative to hear from someone in the same situation.

Thank you.