Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

2 and half not walking Rss

hi. i have a 2 and half year old girl and she is not walking or talking yet. we have been to peadrictions and she has had cat scans mri xrays pretty much everything u can think off has anyone had the simalar problems im at witts end now and i dont know where to go from here..

jess

hi. i have a 2 and half year old girl and she is not walking or talking yet. we have been to peadrictions and she has had cat scans mri xrays pretty much everything u can think off has anyone had the simalar problems im at witts end now and i dont know where to go from here..

jess

What did they day they come back all clear! My neice was the same with talking she just didn't until her big sister went to school and you couldn't shut her up. My other neice bum shuffed until she was 2 and finally wlkaed but they said she was jsut being lazy! I hope you can get some understadning of what's going on.
Hi jess

I understand how you feel. DD is 13months and she doesnt bear weight on her feet or crawl. I dont think she will be on the move for a while. She can sit unaided, but does not want to move. I have taken her everywhere, physio, osteopath, paed, cardiologist, neurologist and they cant find anything wrong with her. She has had blood tests and xrays and have come back normal. everyone has Told me to just wait, which is super stressful because how long are you meant to wait for? She only says two words, dada which she calls me and her dad. She also says ta when you give her things. Have you been taking her to physio which is covered under medicare? We have recently been taking her to see a paediatric osteopath, which I think has been helping her. She can now pull up on her cot, but only to kneeling position.

PM me if you want to talk, I know how sad it can be sometimes when you see kids younger than your DD running around.

Good luck
I understand how frustrating it is when your child doesnt develop the same as other kids. Our little girl who is 3 next month, didnt sit til she was 13 months, We have seen many doctors, with lots of tests, her body is stiff, she has just learnt how to walk, which is like a robot walk with the stiffness, she couldnt use her hands propley and still doesnt feed herself, she cant talk and wears afos for her legs cause her feet roll. We have been told that it could be ceribal palsey but havnt been given a digagnose as of yet! It is very frustrating and hard for any mum to deal with, i have a wonderful partner who is my rock he helps us both out alot, i have wonderful friends who help out with talking to and play dates. I dont know what your community has in it but we go to an early children intervention service through Yooralla which help us out alot, they support you, we see a physio, speach person, an ot, do hydro swimming. Talk to your council and see what they have around, windermere is an other one or DHS have them aswell. You need to get pushy with people so you get the help you need, that is something i have learnt to do! Good Luck i hope things get better for you, Cheers Heidi
Hello ladies,
I would been very interested to know where you are up to with your little ones who didnt want to walk. I see the posts are a bit old.
But i am in a similar situation. My boy who will be 2 in april is still not walking, not standing and not knee crawling. ( he is a bum shuffler) and of course not talking anything for us to understand apart from daddy and ta. I feel a little discourge i must say. Would love to hear from you and your experience.
Hi there my son is almost 2 and not walking unassisted. He climbs, crawls and will use a walker, but will sometimes drop back down to his knees. Have been to physio, paediatrician and just about to start early intervention. It's so hard to not compare and worry when it feels like my son is the only one not walking at his age. The pediatrician can't find anything wrong at all, other than he will do it in his own time... But sometimes it's just so hard especially when I take him out and about and I constantly get asked over and over why my son isn't walking! He's so perfect in my eyes and I just don't want to see him fall too far behind. It's comforting knowing that some of u mothers are also in the same boat tho.
I just found your post , it was quite long time ago, I just wondering how is your little doing right now, does she walk yet? My little girl is gonna be turn 2 in 3 weeks, she doesn’t walk or talk yet. I took her to everywhere , a lot of bood tests ,it’s all normal.i hope I can talk to you.im very nervous now.Thanks a lot
Sign in to follow this topic