for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler's Growth and Development
  5. Given up the dummy - Looking for a special gift

Given up the dummy - Looking for a special gift Rss

Emily has given up her dummy. Her decision, however she has tried to go back on it, but at 3 years of age in my opinion it was time to go anyway. She is a little upset but is going great guns. I have found her twice with Jacks dummy in her mouth.... lol.... a quick reminder that she is a big girl now and she puts it down.

So, to show her how proud I am of her being such a big girl I would like to buy her a special gift.

I would love to buy her a nice soft teddy, but she just got a 25th anniversary Care Bear for her birthday, so I think I need to give that idea a miss.

I would like something she can take to bed and huggle with every night as a reminder of her achievement. I am super restricted with hubby and his broken leg and don't really have the time to shop around.

What is out there that is SUPER nice and SUPER cuddly?

Thanks everyone.

Is OVER rude people

Yay isn't it nice to be dummy free. I bought Cameron a little ben 10 toy he thought it was the best thing ever. I got out of the dummy thing pretty easy though, we were going on a 14 night cruise I told him to morning of the holiday that they said we weren't to take dummy's on the boat so we chopped them up and that was the end he never once asked for them.

As for something you could buy her, you could buy a soft toy of her favourite animal or soft baby doll.
My link

Some of these bears are cute

Emily has given up her dummy. Her decision, however she has tried to go back on it, but at 3 years of age in my opinion it was time to go anyway. She is a little upset but is going great guns. I have found her twice with Jacks dummy in her mouth.... lol.... a quick reminder that she is a big girl now and she puts it down.

So, to show her how proud I am of her being such a big girl I would like to buy her a special gift.

I would love to buy her a nice soft teddy, but she just got a 25th anniversary Care Bear for her birthday, so I think I need to give that idea a miss.

I would like something she can take to bed and huggle with every night as a reminder of her achievement. I am super restricted with hubby and his broken leg and don't really have the time to shop around.

What is out there that is SUPER nice and SUPER cuddly?

Thanks everyone.

I am interested to see the suggestions, My little girl turns 3 in a couple of months and she is soooooo addicted to her dummy, I'd really love her to give them up by her birthday and I'm not above bribing her lmao I know it will be a big deal for her so it would be nice to reward her with something special.

I love this site - I have used it for gifts for babies born... You (and your DD??) can pick your own bear, then choose a jumper (the colour) and get pretty much anything embroidered on it. She could maybe choose a name for it, or a picture with you when you order.. it might make it even more special then. It can have a 'saying' or a quote, or something to do with her giving up the dummy even if you wanted to. Heck, you could even get a dummy embroidered on it - so youre replacing the actual dummy with a picture of one??!! lol Anyway, all just ideas off the top of my head... I dont know how to do the fancy link thing - but here it is https://www.myteddy.com.au/myteddybears/default.asp!

edited to add another site that has soooooo many different things, bears, jungle animals, dos etc http://www.teddys.com.au/index.php?PHPSESSID=04e12a7184ca4084464d3585e96baae8#
Thanks Jenny, I will check the link out.

Cherry, oh I as so happy when she decided that she didn't want it anymore. The only reason she still had it was because she loved it so much, I knew it was going to break her heart to take it off her. Also, I thought it difficult to take it off her any earlier as Jack is younger and still very attached to his dummy for sleeping aswell. Emily only had it for sleeping or if we were on our way home in the car and she was tired and in need of a sleep, it would always relax her in the car.

Pfft to the loser to rated this -, get a life!

Is OVER rude people

Thanks Starsun, I am open to any suggestions, I shall check out your links too.

Is OVER rude people

OMG... I am so glad I am not the only one with a 3 year old whom loves there dummy... it is day 1 today and Justy has gone to bed without his dummy.... Justy loves pinching DD's dummy to... omg it drives me insane....

Anyway my point to replying is what a great idea... hmmm I might do the same....

What about something like this to signify him or her as a big boy / big girl now that they don't need their dummy? https://www.theshabbyshed.com.au/collections/ch...
Sign in to follow this topic