Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

having trouble Lock Rss

hey all DS's birthday is in 8 weeks and i'm having trouble thinking of a main/big present to get him a have a few small ones in mind but want a big/main thing too

what do you think would be good for a 2 year old boy?

Cubby house of some sort. They come in all shapes and sizes to fit all budgets and spaces.
Perfect for a two year old!

thanks smile he has one though
Little people stuff? That is normally my go to with gifts. I wanna get that little people farm set for DS this year =P Its great cause the little people go in all the other little people toys too

I was going to suggest a bike aswell. Does he ride scooters at all? Train set?

Sandpit?
Three wheel bike?
Bike with training wheels?
Slippery dip?
Trampoline (with net)

thanks smile our yard wont fit a trampoline unfortunatly and he has two 3 wheelers and he cant pedal his bike yet so doesn't need an upgrade yet and he has a slide a sandpit is good idea he does have one with no sand but we could get him a better one with sand haha

thanks for all your suggestions hope i'm not being rude i do appricate it but i bet you can see my dilemma smile

Little people stuff? That is normally my go to with gifts. I wanna get that little people farm set for DS this year =P Its great cause the little people go in all the other little people toys too

thanks i frgot about those we were going to get him one and MIL said no to cause she has one and she still hasn't given it to him 6 months later

I was going to suggest a bike aswell. Does he ride scooters at all? Train set?

thabks smile and nah he doesn't there are some at play group but he doesn't like them train set is a good idea

Sandpit sandpit sandpit sandpit!!!!! laugh

hehe, An upgraded sandpit and some little trucks and stuff. My nephew has a little excavator (sp) that he sits on and controls from his seat. It picks up the sand and moves it around. He has so much fun.

he does love the sad at the beach looks like this could be a winner if i can find one

keep the ideas coming please

My daughters have some suggestions. Not sure if you'll like them
(I don't wink ).
DD1 suggested a guitar. DD2 suggested a drum set.
Hmmm, I don't like it when people give noisy gifts to the kids.

What about a swing with a harness?

we were going to get a swing set but can only fit a two seat one well i did find on ebay but now it gone the shop ran out of stock and none of the shops were i live have them so cant get one and thanks girls smile
Duplo/big lego? Not sure if that counts as a 'big' gift but it's something my nieces and nephews love smile

Duplo/big lego? Not sure if that counts as a 'big' gift but it's something my nieces and nephews love smile

thanks he has heaps of that too
what type of things is he into?

DS has everything (bike, swing set, trampoline, his own computer (our old computer that we dont use anymore)) so we had trouble for his 3rd birthday. we realised he loved playing the games on DH's ipod, so we got him a second hand ipod for his birthday. he is really good at electronic stuff and we tend to travel alot so he plays it in the car and plays it if i give it to him during the day to keep him quiet while Dd is asleep and i am studing, so it comes in handy.

Im not suggesting getting him an ipod but just observe what he like doing. also with a sand pit i'd suggest getting the shell sand pits that way you can have sand in one side and use the other side to cover it up at night so cats dont 'wee' in it.

Good luck

I got little master the chuggington train set. I brought all the trains when they where on special & i laybyed the tracks. Plus my mum & dad gave him some trains & extra tracks.

It whatever they into when it comes to shopping for us.

Sign in to follow this topic