Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

raspberry leaf tablets Lock Rss

when should i start taking my raspberry leaf tablets???
i am abit scared to take them yet but am just over 33 weeks and am wondering when everyone else started taking theirs????

thanks guys

Hi,

I am always apprehensive to take any of those types of things myself too.

I just dont feel comfortable, you never know what they are going to do. But thats just me, im just saying i can understand your apprehension.

Kristi 5 kids. www.familynfriends.forumwise.com

Hi Elly,
I have been drinking the tea from 29 weeks and I am now 38 weeks (this is my 3rd bubs)
Don't be scared it will bring on labour because that's not what they do...they help to ripen and strengthen the cervix/uterus making delivery easier and sometimes shorter. Especially the pushing (2nd) stage.
My sister in law took the tablets in her last pregnancy from 30 weeks and was induced at 41 weeks, but only pushed for 15mins, and had a 6 hour labour all up.
I drank the tea with my 2nd bubs and his labour was only a few hours and pushing stage went for 7mins. No drugs with him either.
Good Luck and start taking them now, you could also drink the tea as well as the tablets if you like the taste.....it does take some getting used to, but I just don't like tablets, I find it hard to swallow them.
Mel smile

Mel, SA, Jayden 10/02, Harley 08/04, Zoe 09/06

Hi,

I got told to start taking it from 32wks. I drank the tea with #1 and hated it so this time i'm going to take the tablets, which i need to do cause i've only got 5wks left.

I had no side effects. It's only good for ripening the cervix, it won't bring labour on.
Sign in to follow this topic